1Password mini continuously asking to install browser extension

Options
vallausa
vallausa
Community Member

Hello,

I've been successfully using 1Password 4.4.3 on my iMac with Mavericks 10.9.5, primarly on Firefox but ocasionally also on Safari and Chrome until today...

All my browsers have the extension correctly installed and running. In addition to this, I also have 1Password mini on my upper bar and running correctly.

However, every time I try to access a site (e.g. Hotmail or Gmail), 1Password mini does not automatically recognize and load my username and password for that site. And when I open 1Password mini it keeps asking me to install the browser version (if I'm on Firefox, the Firefox one etc.).

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Thanks,

Sandra

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vallausa,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with the 1Password extension in your browsers!

You mentioned this problem started today. If you haven't already done so, please try restarting your Mac to see if that makes a difference. If not, have you recently installed any new software on your Mac, or installed any other extensions in your browsers? It's possible a problem like this could be related to some other software causing a conflict, or not allowing the 1Password browser extension to communicate with 1Password mini.

Do you see the 1Password icon in both your Mac's menu bar, as well as each browser's toolbar? It should appear in both places. What happens when you click the 1Password extension icon in each browser? Do you get any errors, or does it show your 1Password data? If you see your data, does the extension window look exactly the same as the 1Password mini window?

You may find some helpful information in this knowledgebase article: Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension

If that article doesn't help, what exact version of the 1Password extension do you have installed in each browser? You can find that in each browser by checking the following:

• In Safari, go to the menu for Safari > Preferences > Extensions
    • In Firefox, go to the menu for Tools > Add-ons
    • In Chrome, go to the menu for Window > Extensions

Thanks in advance!

• vallausa
    vallausa
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew,

Thanks a lot for answering to my message! :)

I haven't installed anything new on any browser. What surprises me is that I get the same error/pattern on each browser (Firefox 37.0.2, Safari 7.1.6 and Chrome 42.0.2311.152).

"What happens when you click the 1Password extension icon in each browser? Do you get any errors, or does it show your 1Password data?"
    A new tab opens to look for the 1Password app --> "Looking for the 1Password app. The 1Password app must be installed for the extension to work properly."
    A floating window appears telling me that 1Password mini should be always running.

Additionally, an "Add the Firefox/Safari/Chrome extension..." message shows at the top of 1Password mini

It seems that there is no connection between 1Password and the extension.

I've already tried the following:

• Restarting the iMac
    • Reinstalling 1Password 4.4.3
    • Checking all the settings on each browser
    • Ensuring that 1Password mini is always running

I've also gone through all the suggestions included in the article you linked to. I have even ensured that local connections are not blocked on 127.0.0.1 by a proxy server or software firewall (https://support.1password.com/configure-os-x-proxy/).

Nothing works :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @vallausa,

Thanks for the additional info! I'm not sure why it isn't working correctly, so in order to help us figure out what's going on, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply with a ticket ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks! :)

• vallausa
    vallausa
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Drew,

I followed your instructions and here is my support ID [#NLT-83778-668].

I hope that you have all the information you need! :)

Thanks a lot for your help.

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @vallausa. We will handle this via email. ref: NLT-83778-668

This discussion has been closed.