Feature Request (Killer Feature in my book)

stsanford
stsanford
Community Member

I am a long-time huge user of 1Password... I live and breath 1Password, so EVERYTHING is in there.
When you came out with the app for the  Watch, I thought: "This is going to be awesome."
Here's something to chew on:

Geo-fenced passwords...

I have all of my building's door codes, as well as my client's alarm codes and door codes as necessary.
Would be awesome to have those available on the watch when you walk up to the building.

Beyond that, having the ability to see additional fields would be a great benefit. Same with One-Time Passwords...

Thanks for an awesome product!

Comments

• Hi @stsanford! Thanks for the feedback on 1Password for Apple Watch! Geo-fenced passwords is a terrific idea and we've heard that one a couple times since launching 1Password for Apple Watch. While I can't commit to anything, we're excited to see what capabilities we'll be able to do with Apple Watch as the SDK matures.

Additional fields is another popular request, and I'll add your vote to it.

As for one-time passwords, 1Password for Apple Watch already supports that. If a Login item has a one-time password and is added to 1Password for Apple Watch, it will display the One-Time Password and generate a new one every 30 seconds.

• stsanford
    stsanford
    Community Member

Thanks @ I have, for example, my iCloud password entry sent to my watch, but all I see on the screen us the username and password, does it only show when you're using it on the iPhone / iPad?

• @stsanford, iCloud doesn't use time-based one-time passwords (also known as TOTP; a 6-digit code that cycles every 30 seconds). It uses app-specific passwords, where you generate a static, unique password for each app you want to have connected to your iCloud account.

Here is how you set up a one-time password for a site that supports it.

• stsanford
    stsanford
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

@chrisdj I'm an idiot... I use the same e-mail address as my iCloud email for another service with 2-factor... I just sync'd the wrong one.
    I just checked and it worked fine.
    Thank you very much!

• @stsanford Glad it is all sorted out, now! Happy passwording!

This discussion has been closed.