REQ: Notification system for sites/pages with 1P issues

Options
Smudge
Smudge
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I'd like to see a notification banner at the top of the 1P menu when attempting to fill a form on a site that is known to be incompatible with 1P. This could save a user from losing out on an important time-limited purchase.

Using the WatchTower system, it could track sites or even specific pages that are known to have problems. When a user is on a troublesome site, a small banner could be shown at the top of the 1P menu stating "This site/page may be incompatible". A link could even bring the user to this forum to the thread about that site's issues.

If this single-field concept is added, perhaps even disable the full form filling feature and only allow the single-field option.

When you have discovered a fix, the WatchTower database could be updated with the 1P build that fixes it and if the user is still running an older version, the banner could say which version of 1P has the fix and offer an upgrade.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Smudge,

It's an interesting idea. I can't make any promises but I will make a feature request based on this suggestion.

The one aspect I'm unsure of is we would probably need crowd sourcing for reporting but it would still require proper confirmation to weed out the misunderstandings. At the moment WatchTower is manually maintained and adding something like this would potentially ramp up the man-hours required.

ref: WT-26

Feature request is made.

This discussion has been closed.