Who is Wendy Appleseed?

msilver
msilver
Community Member

I just loaded the app on my iPhone 6, and before I could do anything a Wendy Appleseed had all these programs filled out credit cards, web site???? Than I do not know what I did I found another batch of apps down loading with the name Wendy Appleseed!!!! I deleted them all "Wendy" but was wondering what was that all about... And it had passcodes also, I just uploaded this but it did not seem right????? Please let me know if this is suppose to be on the program????

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @msilver,

I've moved your post to the lounge, hope you don't mind.

Wendy Appleseed is our demo vault. It's a way of showing others what 1Password is without compromising your own vault e.g. sometimes it's handy when trying to converse with us regarding a bug.

I can think of two possibilities:

1. You created the demo vault on another copy of 1Password and you're syncing it (past or present tense). 1Password for iOS picked it up and has made it your vault. This probably isn't what you intended.
    2. After either syncing your real vault or creating a new one, in 1Password for iOS you went to Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault > Create Demo Vault.

As you can see, scenario 2. seems a little unlikely. Given the steps I'd think you'd remember doing this. So I wonder if there is the possibility that you have played about with the demo vault at some point in the past and you now have sync data in iCloud or Dropbox that represents the demo vault.

To get everything back on track can you let us know all the machines and devices where you use 1Password and we'll take it from there :smile:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

I wonder how old the AgileKeychain is because a long time ago in 2007, if you wanted the demo vault, it was added into an existing vault (or new vault). I am glad 1Password stopped doing that.

• msilver
    msilver
    Community Member

Thank you
    I remember awhile back I tried this app but was not happy the way it performed for me.... I put my credit cards in the volt but some how the apple ended up in there with information and I did not do it.... Now that I'm trying it again it's back and have no idea if you can send a link that will help me down load the app without this problem would appreciate it... Or just tell me what I can do... It all started when I loaded drop box... So I think that's the problem, I not sure not do I know how to clean it up

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @msilver,

Well, I'm really glad to hear that you're giving 1Password another shot! If you don't have any data in the 1Password file in Dropbox that you want to save, it's fairly simple to remove. Here's what we'll do:

• In 1Password for iOS, go to Settings > Advanced.
    • Select 'Erase Data and Settings' (this will erase all the data in 1Password and allow you to set the app up fresh).
    • Open the Dropbox app.
    • You should see a 1Password.agilekeychain - delete this.
    • When you open 1Password 5 for iOS, you'll be able to set up as a new user.
    • You can follow our User Guide to help you through the process of setting up the app.

This should get you all sorted out, but if you have any questions, please let us know - we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.