1Password extension won't log in properly on ESET Remote Admin console

Snpbond
Snpbond
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

Hey guys,

As a different user has posted about this discussion over on ESET forums, the 1Password Chrome Extension is preventing login to the Eset Remote Admin console. I'm not sure why this would be happening, but sure enough when I disable (or go incognito) I am able to login.

Any insight?

https://forum.eset.com/topic/4671-remote-administrator-6-login-issues/

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Snpbond,

It might be due to the auto-submit feature, the page might not like the extension pressing the enter key so soon.

Can you edit the Login item for ESET, change the submit value to Never, and try again, does it let you log in without an issue? You'll need to manually press the login button to login.

Please let me know how it turns out. .

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@Snpbond I have moved your problem to the filling in browsers forum, where it will receive the attention from my awesome colleagues on the web browser extension team. Thanks!

• Snpbond
    Snpbond
    Community Member

Thanks for the replies @MikeT and @svondutch!

I haven't actually saved the login credentials on this login page so I don't think it would be hitting enter. I have even entered the url into the 'ignore websites' in 1Password settings.

This very well maybe be an issue on ESET's end too, as I haven't encountered a site that hasn't worked with 1Password like this till now.

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @Snpbond,

Ok, now that's unusual. Maybe the site has a very strange javascript code that could conflict with our scripts but that wouldn't change even if you whitelist the site in 1Password's settings.

Is there a way we can visit the page ourselves to test it? If not, can you save the page to send to us for internal testing? If yes, please email it to us at support+forums@agilebits.com.

Thanks!

ref: SIX-91445-255

• Snpbond
    Snpbond
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT - I'll have a look at that on Monday when I get to work and see if I can get you a copy of the page.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Snpbond :smile: As you can imagine, this one is tricky given there isn't a publicly accessible page we can easily test.

It isn't the first time we've had a report of something like this (but it is really rare) so it will be interesting to see if there is a common cause between these two instances.

ref: OPX-977

• mrman5917
    mrman5917
    Community Member

Not sure what I can do to assist, but I'm running into this issue as well, even on the latest version of the Remote Administrator server version. I'd love to be able to login to this again. I can say that it did work for a while, perhaps up until the last 5.3 update for 1Password on OS X?

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

Same issue... I'll see if I can setup up something for you to test against.

Please send me privately a static IP address.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mrman5917 & @mikeyh,

I've recorded both of your posts against the bug report to help highlight those who are affected.

@mikeyh, you've requested a static IP address, is it the case that if we can supply one you might be able to help a dev view the live page? I can imagine that has the potential to be very useful if you are and we'd definitely want to bring this to the attention of the right people.

ref: OPX-995

• radio_guy
    radio_guy
    Community Member

I am also having this same issue, is there anyway to work around having the 1Password extension run on that webpage?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @radio_guy,

Unfortunately there isn't a workaround at the moment beyond disabling the extension for this page. It would seem the ball is firmly in our court for getting this right. The tricky bit for us is getting to see this in action because this page isn't one normally meant to be visible to the internet at large. From the posts above though it sounds like we might be able to get a closer look soon.

• radio_guy
    radio_guy
    Community Member

Hello @littlebobbytables ,

We are open to setting up some form of remote support session if that would help you resolve this issue.

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @radio_guy,

Would the email address you're using here in the forums be a good way for the developers to contact you?

• radio_guy
    radio_guy
    Community Member
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @radio_guy, I'll pass this on to the people best suited to delve into the problem :smile:

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

Yes, I'll open a firewall to a login page.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikeyh,

Would having somebody contact you at the email address you use here in the forums be the best of way of proceeding?

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

Yes, same as previous.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @mikeyh, I've made a note of your offer and notified the right people. Hopefully we can figure out why this is happening :smile:

• spoirier
    spoirier
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Do you have any of these available - VMware vSphere / Player / Workstation, Oracle VirtualBox, ESXi 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, Microsoft Hyper-V. If so you should be able to download the ESET Remote Administrator 6 virtual appliance from, http://www.eset.com/us/download/business/detail/family/259/. Beware that it is a 3.4GB download.

A license is not necessary to run this up. The installation is simple as you just want to get to the login page to see what is happening. Here is the basics to get it running, http://help.eset.com/era/6/en-US/index.html?virtual_appliance.htm.

I know this seems like a lot of work to fix one problem page but it only takes about 10 minutes to set up if you already have one of the environments listed above. I just tried using VirtualBox on a clean PC and had to edit an XML file as per the instructions link above. I just added a hostname and a workgroup then left the rest the same. Restart the virtual machine then pay attention to the URL shown on the appliance console screen.

I installed Google Chrome then went to https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions and chose to enable betas. I did not install 1Password main program. Now open the URL shown on the console screen and try using the default "eraadmin" password with "Administrator" to see the "Please enter a non-empty password" error.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spoirier,

I certainly wasn't aware that any of that was possible so thank you. Oracle VirtualBox is free and it would seem I've been mistakingly working off the assumption that it wasn't possible for an individual to obtain the ESET Remote Admin console.

Thank you for all of that and for taking the time to supply the links.

This discussion has been closed.