imported 1PIF to opvault, app crashes on launch [fixed: bug in folder sync]

Claudius
Claudius
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

As per your instruction I exported with version 4 to .pif, created new .opvault. As I created new vault with app, the .opvault file could be detected. In the moment I push the slider to "ON" with this folder, the app crashes, when I have to enter my password.
Any ideas what to do?
Claudius

Comments

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

I'm getting a very similar problem that might be related.

I converted my AgileKeychains to .opvault via the Mac App Store version of 1Password (using the directions in that post). When I then opened them in Windows Modern everything worked fine, I entered all three of my vaults, put in the master passwords and they all opened fine. I then quit 1P and opened it again and now the application crashes immediately after entreating my master password.

Technical info

VM: Running via Parallels 10.2.0 (28956)
    1P: 1Password Alpha 1.15.5.120
    Vaults: Three vaults, combined 1693 items

I can't seem to send diagnostics reports ("You don't have any apps that can share the content") so you can grab the zip from my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbpnde1zjuu6avq/crashes.zip?dl=0

PS

From what I did do before the first restart and subsequent crashes, this is a joy to use compared to your normal Windows client. Please pass on my appreciation on the dev channel. My favorite feature is only needing my one primary master password instead of having to enter each one anytime I switched vaults.

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member

I've done a little additional testing that I wanted to pass on.

I tried going to Options > Advanced > Erase data and settings and re-adding all of my vaults again and the same thing happened. The first time I added them 1Password worked fine and I could switch between vaults no problem. Once I restart 1Password it then crashes every time I enter my master password in.

I've also tried this on a (non-VM) Windows 8.1 installation and I do not have this issue.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited May 2015

Thanks @Claudius & @Chris White, we are trying to figure out what went wrong.

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member

If I can be of any assistance please let me know, I don't mind getting technical.

• @Claudius & @Chris White, there is a fix making its way in Windows Store/Windows Phone Store that will correct broken folder sync. Are you guys using folder sync or OneDrive/Dropbox sync?

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member

Dropbox.

• yep, I knew it's not going to be an easy solution :) Will keep digging, the crash reports from Windows Stores come with 3 days lag, we will be able to get more clues soon.

• Chris White
    Chris White
    Community Member

No rush, it's alpha for a reason, right now I'd just like to help however I can.

• Thanks for understanding! I have an idea that may help to narrow down the problem area - can you please try to disconnect from network and open 1Password? If it breaks - then this is something related to vaults, otherwise this might be code related to Dropbox. Any logs would be helpful as well. Thanks :)

• Claudius
    Claudius
    Community Member

I use folder sync, hoping the best for next release :-)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Claudis, please let us know how folder sync in the latest build works for you.

• Claudius
    Claudius
    Community Member

just checked, everything works fine now :-)
    great !

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

That’s great news, @Claudius—thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.