Login created on Mac not syncing to Android correctly

Options
jaddison
jaddison
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Android

So, If I log into this website (https://ellislab.com/forums/member/login) and save the login in 1Password via the Chrome extension on Mac, I can use it to log in browsers on the desktop just fine. While the login entry gets synced to my Android (I've got it set up via Dropbox), the username/password data in the login entry don't get synced correctly to my Android at all.

The entry on the bottom (see image below) is the problematic one. If I open it in 1Password Android, there is no visible data, even when I 'edit' it.

removed by AgileBits

The top entry is one that I've tried to manually create on in 1Password Mac (fill in the form manually, don't submit, click the 1Password gear icon, click "Save new login") - surprisingly, it doesn't actually log into the site. I've gone over it a few times, and cannot figure out why it does not work.

I assume it's a weird login form on the website but regardless, the syncing isn't bringing the same data over to the Android app - this is the real problem here for me.

Android 1Password version: 4.2.1
Android details: Nexus 5, running 5.1

Let me know if I can provide further details.

1Password Version: 5.3.1
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hi @jaddison. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I've removed the image you posted to protect your privacy.

Let's figure out what's going on with this login item.

The top entry is one that I've tried to manually create on in 1Password Mac (fill in the form manually, don't submit, click the 1Password gear icon, click "Save new login") - surprisingly, it doesn't actually log into the site. I've gone over it a few times, and cannot figure out why it does not work.

When you say that it doesn't actually log in, what happens exactly? Does your information fail to fill into the correct fields? Or does it fill, but then your credentials are rejected as incorrect? Also, are you referring to the Mac or the Android here?

I'll look forward to your reply. Thanks!

• jaddison
    jaddison
    Community Member
    Options

When you say that it doesn't actually log in, what happens exactly? Does your information fail to fill into the correct fields? Or does it fill, but then your credentials are rejected as incorrect? Also, are you referring to the Mac or the Android here?

Ok, scratch that. Somehow, I must have messed up copying/pasting the password into the manually created login entry. The manually created entry now works on both desktop and mobile.

That said, I'm curious as to why the first one created didn't sync to mobile at all? Maybe if you try to create an account on that site, it will do the same for you?

• peri
    Options

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that you've got the manually created login working now. :)

On to the next issue--I did create a dummy login for that site, but it synced to Android just fine for me. By chance did you first create the item as a password, and then convert it to a login on your Mac? Or did you move or copy it to or from a secondary vault on your Mac?

If you open that problematic item in 1Password on your Android, do you see any conflicts?

• jaddison
    jaddison
    Community Member
    Options

On to the next issue--I did create a dummy login for that site, but it synced to Android just fine for me. By chance did you first create the item as a password, and then convert it to a login on your Mac? Or did you move or copy it to or from a secondary vault on your Mac?

I don't recall, sorry. It's quite possible that I created it as a password first, yes. No copy/move/secondary vaults were involved.

If you open that problematic item in 1Password on your Android, do you see any conflicts?

Sorry, I deleted the non-working one. I'm just about the worst tester you could have! :)

• peri
    edited May 2015
    Options

No problem! :lol:

The reason I asked if you originally created it as a password and converted it into a login is because we have an open issue on Android, where converted logins fail to sync as logins. I'm not sure if that's what you experienced though, since it does sound like the item showed up on your Android, but there were just not details in it.

It also might have been due to conflicts in the item. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you've got that login item sorted out and working. Let us know if you have any other problems or questions!

This discussion has been closed.