sync between ipad and iphone

spickelmier
spickelmier
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Is there a way to get account/login data between an ipad an iphone?

I create some data on my ipad, backed it up to a windows box and them tried to restore the data to my iphone...

no luck.. it kept asking for a 4 digit code and when I entered the one for the database i created on the iphone it failed...

is there a way to create data on the ipad and load it on the iphone?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2010
    spickelmier, welcome to the forum!

What you propose is possible, though with the unexpected side effect of changing the master password on the device to which you restore the backed up data. Until we figure out what's causing that, the backed up device must have a four-digit number for a master password at the time you back up your 1Password data.

Please try this:
    1. Change the master password on your iPad to a four-digit number.

2. Back up your 1Password data from the iPad to your Windows machine.

3. Restore that 1Password data file to the iPhone.

4. Quit and relaunch 1Password on the iPhone, using the iPad's four-digit number to unlock the app.

5. Change the master passwords on both devices back to something more secure, if you like.

You should be able to do the same thing, in reverse, to sync from your iPhone to your iPad.

Thanks for your patience, spickelmier! Please let us know how it turns out.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Here's the final word on using the built-in Backup & Restore feature to "sync" data between iPads, iPhones, and iPod touches:
  • MikeT
    edited December 1969
    Dropbox sync is the solution. You have to wait till both versions have the Dropbox API included.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Yes, Dropbox sync will certainly be a superior solution; but Backup & Restore has been mentioned as a temporary alternative in a couple of threads, recently, and I thought they should be updated with our latest information about how it can be used in the meantime.
This discussion has been closed.