Starbucks Login Fails When Using Browser Plugins

Options

Has anyone else noticed this? After the news of Starbucks users having issues with their accounts I decided to change my password using 1Password. I generated a password, saved it with my username for the Starbucks website. I then attempted to login using the browser plugin. 1Password filled in the username/password fields on starbucks.com but when it submitted, it was redirected back to the main Starbucks page without logging me in. I tried it a few more times and had the same issue.

Looking at the markup for the Starbucks login page, there does seem to be something quirky going on. Was wondering if someone had a remedy for this or if I need to file a bug report.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ssegraves,

Sadly no need for a bug report but only because it has already been reported :( Normally I would go check and see if the previously reported behaviour is still identical to what happens now at the moment I can't get starbucks.com to load at all, it looks like they might be having more trouble. I'll check again a little later and see if it responds.

For the moment copy and paste is I believe the only solution but it is something we know we need to address. Sorry it isn't better news.

ref: OPX-744

• AKostur
    AKostur
    Community Member
    Options

This one's odd: If I attempt to use 1P to fill my starbucks (www.starbucks.ca) login (not auto-submitted), the website just goes back to the home page. If I individually copy and paste the username and password fields from 1P into the website and then click the login, it works. Not sure what's next in diagnosing why this particular website misbehaves if I let 1P do the filling.

1P v5.3.1, Chrome 43, OS X 10.10.3

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

The Starbucks login seems to cause a problem for others, too, so you are not alone.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @AKostur ,

I've merged your question with an already existing discussion about the Starbucks login page so that we can keep this conversation all in one place. Our developers are aware of this issue, and we're doing what we can to get it resolved as soon as possible.

For now, as is mentioned above, you'll want to copy and paste your details into the site. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you right now, please let me know if you have any further questions!

• AKostur
    AKostur
    Community Member
    Options

Nope, perfectly fair. Good to see (sorta) that other people have the same problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nope, perfectly fair. Good to see (sorta) that other people have the same problem.

Indeed. I guess it's like the old adage: 'misery loves company'. Thanks for your understanding!

Frustrated Incorporated. :dizzy:

• LCPUser
    LCPUser
    Community Member
    Options

1P is not working on the Starbucks Sign-in page. I have to cut and paste.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LCPUser,

I've merged your post with an existing thread in our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum.

Unfortunately you have stumbled upon one of the pages we don't handle very well. Use of the browser extension doesn't work while pasting does. We are aware and the developers are aware. Unfortunately copy and paste is currently the best option and I can only apologise while we get this fixed :(

This discussion has been closed.