App Store discount for owners of previous version

Options
Grigolon
Grigolon
Community Member

Hi there,

I have a license from 2009 (yeah, that old) and from the web site I can get 50% discount on 1Password 5. But I noticed that iCloud sync will only work on App Store version.

Is it possible to issue a redeem code for the App Store so I can get the same discount?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Unfortunately, can't be done. Apple's rules do not permit it.

If you want the discount, you will have to decide to use Dropbox sync.

There is a sale at present, so perhaps just buying from the App Store would suit you.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

One of things Apple doesn't do to help its developers is to allow discount pricing for any reason, including paid upgrades. Another is that it doesn't permit free trial versions.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Grigolon,

I'm afraid the information from danco and hawkmoth is correct - unfortunately Apple does not give us the ability to do upgrade pricing on the App Store. So, if you want the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 for Mac, you'll need to make a separate purchase at the price shown there. But as danco mentioned, we're having a sale right now, so it's a good time to purchase the Mac App Store version.

Alternately, if you purchase an upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac from the AgileBits Store, you can use Dropbox sync. If you need to sync 1Password between a Mac and one or more iOS devices, you can also use Wi-Fi sync.

Sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions about your sync options or need help to set that up, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.