Some questions

Calvin73
Calvin73
Community Member

Good morning ,
I’m writing to get some information .
I just purchased 1Password with the offer Mac + Windows Bundle .
I would put the Mac version on my personal Macbook Pro and the windows version on the PC of my company.
My questions are :
• How can I install 1password on my Mac through the Mac App Store?
• My company changes me the pc every year , can I move from one PC to another 1password whenever it’s replaced ?
Thanks for all the information that you will give me
Regards
Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The App Store version is a separate purchase, Apple does not allow a transfer. Anyway, the only advantage of the App Store version is iCloud sync, which is not possible between Mac and Windows machines.

No problem changing between one machine and another, the license is per person (and platform), not per computer.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Calvin73 ,

Thanks so much for choosing to support 1Password - you rock!

I see that Danco has already provided some answers here, in fact, he's pretty much nailed it. I am curious though, why are you hoping to download the Mac version from the Mac App Store? Aside from iCloud sync (which Danco mentions), the two versions are identical - and, if you're syncing with a PC, you'll want to look into Dropbox as a solution anyway, as iCloud is not a sync option on Windows at this time.

• Reid
    Reid
    Community Member

Hi. I have a licensing question that I can't seem to find an answer for. It's probably somewhere, I know. As there is no contact (?) or place to send an email (?) I am posting my question here, hoping to get an answer. I have a license for my laptop and wonder if I need to purchase another on for my android phone and tablet. Anyone have an idea? thanks

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

1Password for Mac, 1Password for iOS, 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Android are all entirely separate products so your purchase of one does not affect in any way your purchase of any other (save that AgileBits offers a Mac/Windows bundle, of course).

This is from the AgileBits licence page:

Our software is licensed per person and per platform, not per device. Each user and each platform requires a license. Licenses can be shared by up to six family members living in the same household. Licenses can not be transfered or re-sold.

Stephen

• Reid
    Reid
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen. That's what I needed. Off to buy an android licence...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Reid,

I'm so glad to hear that Stephen was able to get you the answers that you needed. Our discussion forums are the quickest way to get your questions answered. Our team is monitoring the forums 7 days a week, and as you've just witnessed, we have an awesome community of moderators who can often answer your question before we even get to you.

I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any questions or concerns, we're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.