Crash on launch with the latest build (505006) [confirmed issue; fixed in 5.5 (505007) beta build]

devsl
devsl
Community Member
edited May 2015 in iOS

Hi,
I just downloaded the newest build (505006) on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 (both are running iOS 8.3).
When trying to launch the app, I get to the "Master Password Entry" view, and once the vault opens, the app crashes - tried several times on both the iPhone and the iPad.
While the app crashes, using the extension to fill in details does work perfectly and fills the details into the webview.

Do you know what is causing the crash?

Thanks,
Sl (Shahaf Levi)

1Password Version: 5.5 (505006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 8.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member

Same here, app crash after login, extension ok

• IrkenSkoodge
    IrkenSkoodge
    Community Member

Mine crashes too after I use Touch ID to open app.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Can't replicate the crash on iPhone 6+ 64Gb model running iOS beta 8.4 nor on an iPad 3rd Gen. 32Gb running iOS 8.3.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Ditto in my 5S running 8.3.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2015

Yup, me too. It also crashes upon a new install, and trying to select the machine name used for WiFi sync.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

I just reinstalled the beta, and it seems its specifically related to the WiFi syncing.

When I select wifi sync as the sync option, it crashes. When selecting Bluetooth, it does NOT crash.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

If it's specific to WiFi syncing, that would explain why only a subset of users are experiencing this crash.

• rolfl
    rolfl
    Community Member

Not limited to just WiFi Sync, I'm using iCloud sync and having the issue

• devsl
    devsl
    Community Member

I'm also using iCloud and experiencing it.

I tried playing with the network status of the device (WiFi, 3G, 4G, Airplane Mode) and it doesn't affect the app, it crashes everytime.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I'm using Dropbox without issues.

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

I couldn't replicate the crashes reported when choosing wi-fi or Dropbox as the sync. option. but can get it it to crash reliably when choosing iCloud -- so much so that I can't then re-open the app but had to de-install it. then re-enable Dropbox (my default sync. method). Choosing iCloud as the option when setting it up anew also gives the same crash/unable to re-start without it crashing again cycle.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the reports of this repeating crash when using Wi-Fi or iCloud syncing with the 5.5 (505006) beta. We've identified its cause and the developers are working hard to get a fix out as quickly as possible.

AgileBits Update, 2015-05-26:
    This bug has been fixed in the 5.5 (505007) beta build:

• Fixed a crash introduced in the previous beta when attempting to sync via iCloud or Wi-Fi. {OPI-2734}

After updating to that build this workaround is no longer required:

The recommended workaround is to install version 5.4.1, which can be found under the Purchased section in App Store on your device(s). From Download past purchases from iTunes in the Cloud - Apple Support:

This will replace the beta version of 1Password, while retaining all of your 1Password data on the device. It's best to have a recent backup available as a safety net to restore from, although that shouldn't be required. Of course it's impossible to create a new backup with the iOS app as long as it's crashing so you'd need one from some other source.

I sincerely apologize for any trouble this bug that snuck into the current beta has caused and appreciate your patience while we get it squashed. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

• iWilliamsJ
    iWilliamsJ
    Community Member

Same here, 1P App crashes immediately after TouchID verification, Extension seems to be working Okay!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Hi @iWilliamsJ ,

I'm sorry that this bug is affecting you! Please follow sjk's steps above to revert to version 5.4.1 and we'll do what we can to have this resolved just as soon as possible.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that our intrepid beta team has released a brand new beta for 1Password 5 for iOS. Please update to the latest version and let us know if you're still seeing crashes - we're hoping this new beta has it properly resolved!

• cjbulow
    cjbulow
    Community Member

Latest build seems to have fixed this crashing issue.

• devsl
    devsl
    Community Member

I can confirm the latest build (505007) has fixed the issue for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjbulow and @devsl,

Whoo! That's awesome to hear - thanks for getting back to us. :)

This discussion has been closed.