Will the apple app work on Macbook lap top and i phone and i pad?

Options
Sheila
Sheila
Community Member

The app in Apple store reports that is works with the i pad and i phone. Will it also work on my Mac lap top if i download it ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.3
Sync Type: I cloud

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The license for the Mac version is sold separate,y from that for iOS. But the iOS version is free in its basic form; there is an in app purchase required to activate the more advanced features for iOS, though, which you would need to buy separately from the Mac version.

The Mac version is sold by Apple from the Mac App Store, or by AgileBits from its own web store. It is important to know that if you get the AgileBits web store version, it will not include iCloud as a sync option. That only is available in applications sold directly by Apple. The iOS version is downloaded from the othe App Store run by Apple, and it can be accessed by the App Store application on your iOS devices or through iTunes on your Mac. That's confusing, but that's the way Apple chose to roll.

If you have both versions, they can be synced with one another to keep your data consistent across all your devices.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Sheila,

Thanks for your interest in 1Password!

Our software is licensed per user, per platform, so you can choose your licenses à la carte. If 1Password for iOS is a motorcycle, then 1Password for Mac is a Ferrari -- costs a bit more, but it's fancy. ;)

You can buy 1Password for Mac either from our AgileBits Store or from the Mac App Store. If you prefer to sync with iCloud, you'll want to buy it from the Mac App Store. It's one of the top paid apps in the store!

And as luck would have it, all versions of 1Password are on sale right now! 30% off, just because we love you! But that sale won't last long, so if you're thinking about it, now's a great time.

This discussion has been closed.