How do I license my iPhone, Mac & PC ?

Options
jpfilion
jpfilion
Community Member

Bonjour,

I bought 1Passoword on/for my iPhone on the Appstore (1Password - Password Manager and Secure Wallet, v4.3.2 (17+) AgileBits Inc. iOS App $8.99 ) and also installed it on my home Mac & work Windows-PC (all 3 are sync'd). App and functions are running great.

This morning while adding a web-site pswd to 1Password on my Windows-PC I received a message indicating that I am running 1Password in "Demo mode" and that I need a license key...

Do I and if so which one should I buy?

• 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle ? (will this come up on my Mac as well?)
  • 1Password 4 for Windows ?
    ... Liscence or upgrade?

Thanks.

JP.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Each platform requires a separate purchase. You are being reminded of that on your Windows machine. Each of the desktop versions has a 30-day trial period, during which you have full access to all features.

There is a financial incentive to purchase the Mac-Windows bundle directly from the AgileBits web site. It won't be an upgrade, though. It will be a new purchase.

One thing to understand about purchasing through AgileBits is that you won't be able to use iCloud for syncing if you buy there. That option is only available if you buy the Mac version from the Mac App Store. But in your case, since you also use Windows, that isn't much of an issue, since you wouldn't be able to sync via iCloud on your Windows machine anyway. Dropbox is the only cloud based option if you're not entirely in the Apple ecosystem.

• jpfilion
    jpfilion
    Community Member
    Options

Done, done and sync'd on DropBox; works great. Thanks for the quick response.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jpfilion‌

I'm so glad to hear that @hawkmoth was able to help you out here - thanks so much for your support of 1Password! If you have any further questions or concerns, you know where to find us.

• kurto
    kurto
    Community Member
    Options

I also use a Mac and an iPhone at home. Now I have a PC at work. I have many GB of material on my Dropbox that I have access to on my phone, but don't want on my PC at work. IS there a way to share the files through iCloud and empty out my Dropbox so I could use Dropbox to sync passwords for 1PAssword?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kurto,

I've got a lot of files in Dropbox as well! Luckily Dropbox knows that you might not want all of your files in all of the places. Open your Dropbox preferences and click on 'Selective Syncing'. Then you can choose which files are synced to your machine. This will allow you to only sync your 1Password data on your work machine if you choose.

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions or concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.