Are earlier 1Password AgileKeychains incompatible with 1P5?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I have downloaded some earlier .AgileKeychains in an attempt to open them in 1Password 5. Double clicking on them will go directly to 1Password 5 (the most recent .AgileKeychain that I have and bypasses the double clicked files). These files are from 1Password 2 or maybe 3.

I cannot find a File Open dialog box.

It previously resided in Dropbox but I downloaded it to my hard disk first. I double clicked the files residing inside the Downloads folder after unpacking them first.

I have tried 1PasswordAnywhere and I can view it from within Dropbox. I just cannot get 1Password 5 to work with the .AgileKeychain.

1Password Version: 5.4 Beta-16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with your older AgileKeychains. Can you please elaborate on what you're trying to do with them? Are you trying to add them as secondary vaults in 1Password on your Mac? Or trying to sync your Primary vault with each of those keychains? Or something else?

If you want to add those as secondary vaults, you should be able to simply double-click them, and 1Password will prompt you to create a new vault from that keychain (it will ask for the master password for that keychain). You said you double-clicked on them, but didn't say exactly what happens when you do that.

Once you let us know some more details, we should have a better idea of how to help. Thanks!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

@Drew_AG The save as new login was unexpected as I was used to documents being opened as a first document, like in a word processor. I kept dismissing the prompts.

I wasn't looking to sync to a secondary vault although I will have to do it at some point later.

What I was attempting to do was to check for and clean up any unnecessary logins before disposal as there are lots of deprecated items in those old key chains.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

So, it sounds like you have copies of old .agilekeychain files, and you want to check to see if they contain any information you need to keep? You should be able to see the data in those keychains by using 1PasswordAnywhere (and it sounds like you've done that). If you need to save any items from those AgileKeychains, you should be able to add them as secondary vaults in the main 1Password app, and copy items to the Primary vault. Then you can delete the secondary vault from 1Password if you no longer need it.

Are you having trouble adding those .agilekeychain files to 1Password as secondary vaults? If so, please let us know what happens when you double-click on them. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.