1p5, and 1p3, and older, how to use in sync?

Options
bjj
bjj
Community Member

Hi,

I've purchased a licence for my new MBP running 10.10.3, doing fine, including an iphone 4s and an iPad mini 2. I downloaded 1p3 - assuming that my license would cover that as well.

I installed this 1p3 on a MacBook pro early 2008 running 10.7.5 - however it cannot recognize or join the 1p5 vault even though the computers communicate via LAN. Can you help?

Additionally, I would love to include an MDD running 10.4 or 10.5 on the same LAN, might this be possible?

Greetings

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bjj,

In order to sync your data between 1Password 5 and 1Password 3, you'll need to use Dropbox sync. First, set up Dropbox sync in 1Password 5 (on your MacBook Pro with OS X 10.10.3). Allow Dropbox to completely sync your data from that Mac to your Dropbox account.

On your Macs with 1Password 3, you'll need to have the Dropbox app installed so your 1Password.agilekeychain is downloaded and available locally on each of those Macs. Then simply double-click the 1Password.agilekeychain file, and 1Password 3 should ask if you want to start using that data file.

Does that help? If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.