Add iCloud Sync support to 1Password on Windows [Apple doesn't support CloudKit on Windows]

cbales
cbales
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi.

I know that the general suggestion is to sync 1Password using Dropbox when using 1Password on Mac and Window.

Here is my setup and use case.
1Password on iMac (I have both a App Store and a direct from Agilebits licence)
1Password on Mac Pro laptop (same licence as above - using App Store)
1Password on iPhone (pro enabled)
1Password on Windows
- all those are currently syncing via Dropbox.
- I can't use wifi sync since I have multiple computers in the mix
- at work my Windows computer is on a seperate network from my iPhone and Mac Laptop - also cutting out wifi sync.

My problem - Dropbox is blocked at work - so I have to remember to launch dropbox on my windows laptop when I bring it home. This puts the password sets out of sync quite often.

iCloud is not blocked at work. iCloud is working fine on my Windows Laptop. I would like iCloud syncing to work well for this setup.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cbales,

At the moment 1Password 4 for Windows cannot sync via iCloud.
    There are two components to iCloud at the moment, one is iCloud Drive which is available on Windows, too and CloudKit, which apps may use for syncing. Unfortunately Apple's CloudKit SDK is available for iOS 8 and Yosemite only, meaning that only apps bought in Apple's App Stores have access to it.

There is a way you could do it with your setup but it would require reshuffling a few things:

1. Disable iCloud sync on both Macs and switch them to Folder Sync, storing the resulting 1Password.agilekeychain in a folder in your iCloud Drive.
    2. Have 1Password 4 for Windows on your work PC sync with the vault in your iCloud Drive.
    3. Enable Wi-Fi Sync on one of your Macs and have your iPhone sync with it.

I know this is not an ideal solution but I think it's the best one for you, given the constraints of your setup.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.