Finding the 1P vault

Options
blminkus
blminkus
Community Member

I had some problems with my Mac and the Mac store reinstalled the OS, now I have to restore all of my data. I am trying to I started 1P and chose "I've used before." I have tried looking for the vault on "This Mac" and on my TimeMachine backup but can't find anything. Where are the backups kept? I found the 1p4_zip files on My Mac but they are empty. How do I restore from TimeMachine?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

These two knowledge base articles will help you:

How do I find my backups?

Where does 1Password store its data?

Stephen

• blminkus
    blminkus
    Community Member
    Options

I have already looked at those as well as all other articles on your site. The problem is that all of the backups that are on My Mac are blank. I need the data from my TimeMachine backups.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you open Finder and go to the relevant folder on your Mac (as indicated in the articles to which I linked) then enter Time Machine it should open automatically at the relevant folder in your backups.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @blminkus,

Were you able to find your 1Password backup files in Time Machine? As Stephen mentioned, you should be able to open the folder where 1Password creates backups, then enter Time Machine to find backups in that same location (if the most recent Time Machine backup contains the "empty" 1Password backup files, you'll need to go further back in Time Machine to find the backup files that contain your data).

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you're still having some trouble with that and we'll be happy to continue helping you. Thanks!

ref: DOCS-272

This discussion has been closed.