1Password in IE slow to fill or doesn't fill [Try Settings > Open in Current tab instead of New Tab]

johnroperlindsay
johnroperlindsay
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I set up a Login in Chrome for https://www.fieldglass.net/login.do and it works fine.
But when I use this from IE 11 it brings up the form fine, but doesn't fill in the fields.
However, if I then press CTRL-\ the fields are correctly filled in.

I have this horrible feeling this is similar to a lot of other similar questions people have posted, but the ones I searched for and looked at didn't quite match the problem I am having. I presume I could manually create another Login (i.e. one for Chrome and one for IE) to get around it, but was wondering if there was something fairly obvious I am missing which would enable the same Login to work with both browsers.

Thanks a lot,

1Password Version: 4.5.0.573
Extension Version: 4.3.1.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @johnroperlindsay,

Thanks for contacting us about this. I just tried the login process on that site (with bogus credentials for testing, that is) and filling, auto-submit, and Go & Fill all worked as expected.

Can you please manually save a new login item for this site and try again?

Cheers

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member

Alex,
    Thanks for looking at this so promptly. I have done a bit of further investigation.

I manually created a new login as you suggested, but it behaves the same way.
    However, I noticed that if I tried it a second time, it works fine. In other words, I get the following sequence of events (same behaviour for both the original login and the new manually saved login).
    1) Open IE
    2) Select FieldGlass Login from 1Password. Tab opens correctly on login page but fields aren't filled in.
    3) Close tab, but not IE.. Select FieldGlass Login from 1Password. Tab opens correctly on login page AND fields are filled in.
    4) Sign Out, Close Tab. Repeat 3) and 4) to heart's content.

I'd be curious as to whether you see the same behaviour if you close IE then retry the logon. I'm not sure if it's related, but I did notice that the field filling in is slow in IE - only after 3-4 seconds delay after the login screen is displayed the username is filled in, then another 3-4 seconds before the password is filled in.

Thanks a lot,

John

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I did notice that the field filling in is slow in IE - only after 3-4 seconds delay after the login screen is displayed the username is filled in, then another 3-4 seconds before the password is filled in.

@johnroperlindsay Opening Logins "in a new tab" is known to be super slow in Internet Explorer. Can you please follow these steps?

1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. Click on the 1Password button
    3. Unlock 1Password
    4. Click on: Settings > Open Login In > Current Tab

Thanks!

• johnroperlindsay
    johnroperlindsay
    Community Member

Good work!
    That fixed both the annoyance of slow form filling AND also the more serious original problem where the Login wouldn't work first time after opening IE.

Thanks a lot.
    John

• Hi @johnroperlindsay,

That's great. On behalf of Stefan, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.