'Go and Fill' on Windows Firefox 38.0.1 Does Nothing

Platform:

Windows 7 SP1 x64
Firefox 38.0.1
Both Plugin 4.3.1 and 4.4.0B5

I have tried both the beta and latest non-beta browser extensions in firefox and I cannot get the 'Go' part of 'Go and Fill' to work. If I am on a page and I use browser extension, it perfectly fills in the fields and submits the page, but if I am on another site or I do not have a page loaded, that 'Go and Fill' does nothing.

Could it be a setting?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.574
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1 x64
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@benevida: This is really strange. I tested this on both Windows 10 and Windows 7, and both Go and Fill worked just fine. There must be something we're missing.

This wouldn't be a setting with 1Password, but I'm wondering if maybe there's a Firefox setting that could account for this -- or a profile issue. If something was blocking 1Password from communicating with the extension, that would affect filling as well.

Do you have other extensions installed in Firefox? Please try disabling them to see if that helps. Are you able to use Go & Fill as expected in Internet Explorer or Chrome? Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• benevida
    benevida
    Community Member

@brenty I run 1Password on my office workstation, my home laptop, and my home server. After receiving your feedback I did some testing. I tried 'Go and Fill' on the home laptop and the home server. Both worked fine! (and they are running the same OS/Browser/1Password configuration).

On my office workstation (the one which has the problem) I tried disabling the two extensions I had enabled, (AdBlock+ and Adobe Acrobat) and restarting FireFox. That change did not fix 'Go and Fill'.

You mention that there could be a profile issue. Do you mean a Windows profile or a FireFox profile? If you mean a FireFox profile, do you have any suggestions as to how I may troubleshoot this without losing any settings and/or customization?

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

You mention that there could be a profile issue. Do you mean a Windows profile or a FireFox profile?

@benevida: Sorry for not being more clear! I was referring to your Firefox profile on the office workstation, since that seems to be the outlier, with the rest working normally. Since you're not having trouble with Firefox on the other machines, this seems to point to a Firefox-specific issue on that particular machine.

If you mean a FireFox profile, do you have any suggestions as to how I may troubleshoot this without losing any settings and/or customization?

If your Firefox profile is in fact damaged, there is probably no way to 'repair' it; rather, you'd most likely need to start over with a fresh one. In either case, this isn't something we're able to help with directly, short of pointing you in the right direction.

Personally, when I've had similar issues, I've moved all my Firefox Application Support data to a safe location and started over to test if that made a difference; that way if it didn't, I could just revert...or try copying just the profile over in case it was a preferences issue. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.