Feature Request: Tags in 1Password for iPhone and iPad

m_w
m_w
Community Member
Tagging items would be awesome!
Maybe, I missed something but I don't seem to be able to view my records groups by tags on my iPod. I can see folders on my iPod but there are no tags. Is this possible? If not, why not? Wouldn't it make sense to present the same grouping options on the iPod as on my Mac?

Cheers
Michael

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hello again, Michael,

This suggestion has come up from time to time. Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you as well. We will look into improving this in a future update.
  • I have most of my entries tagged in 1Password for Mac. Please add the ability to lookup and add/modify tags within the iPad version.

Thank you.
  • stu wrote:

Hi ekadish, first of all welcome to the forums, it's great to have you with us!

We're certainly looking into bringing tags to our iOS versions of 1Password, and while I don't have a timeframe for exactly when this will be available it is a feature we've had a lot of requests for, so it's good to hear that you'd find this useful too.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Thanks for the response. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Eugene
  • Chris PJ
    edited May 2011
    ekadish wrote:

I have most of my entries tagged in 1Password for Mac. Please add the ability to lookup and add/modify tags within the iPad version.

Thank you.

Until this feature is implemented, I have solved the problem by doing away with tags and including them in the item name. e.g. instead of using name GMail with tags mail, email, google mail, etc. I name the item "GMail google email mail". Any of those terms will show up on a search in 1Password for iPhone.

Regards,
    Chris
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for posted that workaround, Chris! I hope it is helpful to other users as well. :-)

Cheers,
  • percheron
    percheron
    Community Member
    Another vote for this functionality.

m w wrote:

Maybe, I missed something but I don't seem to be able to view my records groups by tags on my iPod. I can see folders on my iPod but there are no tags. Is this possible? If not, why not? Wouldn't it make sense to present the same grouping options on the iPod as on my Mac?

Cheers
    Michael
  • Hello percheron!

Thanks for adding your vote!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Is there any chance this is going to make it in to the iPhone app soon?

I've found that tags work far better in 1Password for Mac than folders and so having this support in the iPhone app is pretty much essential in my books.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Stringer! We don't announce upcoming products or features, but please keep an eye on our blog, Twitter, and Facebook for news as it is available:

http://blog.agilebits.com/
    http://twitter.com/1Password
    http://facebook.com/1Password
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Consider this another +1. I love Tags in 1Password 3, and am looking forward to seeing them everywhere else (iOS, Windows, and maybe even the browser extensions).
  • jaydisc
    jaydisc
    Community Member
    Shocked to see there was no Tag or Smart Folder support in iOS. Seems natural for a desktop user to tag their entries for quick discovery on a mobile device, no?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the votes, folks. I've already passed this along to the developers on your behalf. :)
This discussion has been closed.