Strange issue with syncing data between two computers via Dropbox [Investigation moved to emails]

guipetit
guipetit
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have two PC (PC1 and PC2) working under windows. 1Password was perfectly synchronizing between both up to today (through dropbox). I made changes on identities on PC1 chrome that were recorded on other computer (PC2) on chrome and 1password software.
the weird thing is that new identities can not be recorded on chrome and 1password software of the computer on which I made changes (PC1)!
dropboox is working well and I can see on PC1 and 2 that files are updated.
I tried to open a backup on PC1, to open my vault, etc. nothing is working, old identities and passwords remain on PC1...

1Password Version: 4.5.0.572
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• @guipetit - Could you create a diagnostics report as per this guide -https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html - and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Please can you also include a link back to this discussion. Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@guipetit A couple of questions:

1. What version of the 1Password extension are you running?
    2. Where and how are you editing your Identities? Can you give us insight in your steps?

Thanks!

• guipetit
    guipetit
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

@svondutch :
    1. version of 1password is 4.5.0.572 as mentioned
    2. I go into each website, ask to reset password, get a link by mail and once on the page to create a new password I use "generate a password" from 1P Chrome extension, I then confirm new password and click on "Save" ("Enregistrer" in french) on the 1password window appearing. and it apperas on my chrome identity list.
    Do you need other specifications?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@guipetit: I see that Laura is in contact with you via email, so we can continue the conversation there. Hopefully we'll be able to determine the version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Chrome, as svondutch requested. Thanks! :)

ref: XTN-24616-815

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@guipetit I'm confused. You're referring to "identities" but I think maybe your problem is not with 1Password identities but with generated passwords -- can you confirm this?

First, let us rule out a possible problem with Chrome on PC2. Can you please follow these steps?

1. Start Chrome on PC1
    2. Navigate to a Login page
    3. Enter a username and password, but do NOT submit the Login page
    4. Click on the 1Password button
    5. Click on: Settings > Save new Login
    6. Wait for Dropbox to sync this newly created Login item to PC2
    7. Start 1Password on PC2
    8. Locate your newly created Login item in 1Password on PC2

Please let us know how it worked out. Thanks!

• guipetit
    guipetit
    Community Member

@svondutch yes it worked.
    here is a new summary of the problem regarding logins (and not "identities") :
    I created new logins on may 18th on PC1.
    they were taken in account by PC2 right away, but then PC1 forgot them, going back to may 16th logins version.
    and then PC2 also went back to may 16th logins version...
    ==>do I have to create again new logins? how can I be sure 1password will not go back to an older?
    I tried to uninstall 1password to make a new start. but it is not possible to uninstall it as it says that program is being used...
    Chrome version on both PCs is 4.3.1.90

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I tried to uninstall 1password to make a new start. but it is not possible to uninstall it as it says that program is being used...

@guipetit Please lock your vault before you close 1Password, or click on: File > Exit

• guipetit
    guipetit
    Community Member

that means you suggest me to uninstall and re-install?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

@guipetit If you're running these versions, then there is no need to re-install:

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
    Extension Version: 4.4.0.5 (Google Chrome)

• guipetit
    guipetit
    Community Member

No I haven't.
    I will instal those new versions on both computers tonight and let you know.

• guipetit
    guipetit
    Community Member

OK I 've installed versions requested. But I discovered new problems when creating generated passwords:
    -new password was not recorded under "password" in the login window, but in the field "pass" or "pass2"...
    -some new logins were first recorded on 1password then disappeared, whereas older versions remained...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

@guipetit: I see that LauraR and I haven't received a response from you via email yet. If you could answer our questions there, we'll be better equipped to get this sorted out for you. I'm going to close this discussion here so we don't confuse matters further. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

ref: XTN-24616-815

This discussion has been closed.