OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @twmnca,

I'm sorry you're having trouble opening the 1Password app! I'm not quite sure why you're getting that error message, but the following steps might help to solve the problem:

• Go to the Applications folder and drag 1Password 5.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    • Empty the Trash, then reboot your Mac.
    • After the reboot, download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from our download site.
    • Once downloaded, unzip the file if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder.
    • Double-click the new app to open it.

Does it work now, or do you still get the same error? Please let us know how it works out for you. Thanks!

• remyegre
    remyegre
    Community Member
    Options

Recently updated to Yosemite in order to download the 1P 5 trial, but when I go to open the file to install my Finder says "The application '1Password 5' can't be opened." No error source or troubleshoot option. I've deleted the download and restarted multiple times, but nothing changes. Advice?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

There are sometimes issues when you unzip the downloaded file using a custom unzipper, rather than Apple's default Archive Utility. Could this be your problem?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @remyegre,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with that! It sounds like you're having the same problem that another user reported yesterday, so I've merged your message into that discussion. Please try the steps I suggested in this post. It sounds like you've tried something similar, but following the exact steps in that exact order can make a difference.

Please let us know how it goes, thanks!

• remyegre
    remyegre
    Community Member
    Options

I followed your instructions, but there was not change. The same error continues to show up and I cannot get 1Password working on my Mac. Are there other ways to troubleshoot?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @remyegre ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. Let's take a closer look at your system to see if we can determine where things are getting tangled up. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.