Windows Phone OneDrive connection error

cxgirl82183
cxgirl82183
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I love 1Password and have it on all my devices (save my windows phone) - I have 1Password Alpha (v1.15.5.182) on a nokia lumia 1520 running windows 8.1. I am trying to sync my vault (opvault_zip) from onedrive to the app and I keep getting a "connection failure" message. Any ideas what is going on?

1Password Version: 1.15.5.182
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows phone 8.1 update
Sync Type: OneDrive

Comments

• @cxgirl82183, I'm a bit confused with opvault_zip - just to confirm, you have a folder in OneDrive that looks like /Apps/1Password Alpha/opvault_zip/default and there are like 2-20 files there, including profile.js and some band_X.js files?

• cxgirl82183
    cxgirl82183
    Community Member

Sergey, I have a folder in OneDrive that goes up to apps/1Password Alpha. Can't access the opvault_zip. Thanks!

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited May 2015

@cxgirl82183, Alpha expects to see file /Apps/1Password Alpha/opvault_zip.opvault/default/profile.js. Important parts here is that opvault_zip.opvault has .opvault suffix and that there is default folder inside.

We definitely need more diagnostics here and better error reporting. I'm making sure we will add it sooner than later to make it easier to troubleshot such cases.

If it's possible, can you please drop a line at support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com and mention my name, so we can troubleshot and fix this. Thanks!

• jixjox
    jixjox
    Community Member

Hello, I have similar error:
    a) in desktop version created new vault in path OneDrive\Aplikace\1password Alpha\1Password.opvault
    b) in alpha version in Windows phone (lumia 820) created new connection to OneDrive
    c) 1Password.opvault succesfuly found
    d) message "connect failed" appeared

Any idea how to continue?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

@jixjox, how did you create the new vault in your step (a)?

Also, does the vault contain any Login items or other types of items?

Finally, does the ,opvault folder contain a subfolder named default, and (if so) does that subfolder contain a file named profile.js?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@cxgirl82183, we've received your message (RCR-72685-179), and I'll ask Dev to look into it.

• cxgirl82183
    cxgirl82183
    Community Member

Thank you!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@jixjox, let us know what you find.

• jixjox
    jixjox
    Community Member

hello,
    new vault created in desktop application: file >> new 1pass vault >> selected location onedrive\aplikace.
    vault extension: *.opvault
    vault was empty for first time: but connection wasnt succesful
    new entries created: connection still unsuccesful
    folder 1Password.opvault contains subfolder default which contains 4 files including profile.js

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

Thanks, @jixjox! That presents two possibilities:

• If the message you're seeing in our Windows Modern app is Connection failure:

That usually indicates a problem with the vault location.

In your OneDrive folder, the path should be /Apps/1Password Alpha/vault-name.opvault, though on non-English systems the name of the Apps segment is localized (such as Aplikace, as you report). In that .opvault folder, there should be a default subfolder that includes a profile.js file.

Your reported folder location seems to reflect that correctly, though.

Request: Can you confirm that you selected the OPVault format when you created the new vault in 1Password for Windows (rather than just changing the folder's extension from .agilekeychain to .opvault)?

• If the message you're seeing in our Windows Modern app is Connect failed:

That may indicate that the same .opvault folder has been selected in multiple ways.

Here are three things to try:

• In the 1Password for Windows Modern app, find the Manage Vaults page, and tap Remove disabled vaults on the command bar.

That will clear from the app's internal database all vaults that are set to OFF.

(The corresponding .opvault folders will not be affected.)

• In the 1Password for Windows Modern app, find the Settings > Advanced page, and tap Erase data and settings.

That will set you back to the "new user" state.

• Remove the app from your phone, and download it again from the Store.

That, too, will set you back to the "new user" state, but it should also make sure you've got the latest version.

Please let us know whether any of those tips help!

• jixjox
    jixjox
    Community Member

hello,
    error message "Connect failed" is right one.
    I tried to remove disablet vaults and erase data and setting but without succes. error message still persists

last point to try: I removed app from phone but it isnt possible to install it (install button pushed but installation progress remains in waiting status. Maybe its a problem of Marketplace?)

I will try it later and let you know results.

thank you.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the follow-up, @jixjox. Do let us know how it goes with the download.

• jixjox
    jixjox
    Community Member

hello,
    I restarted phone and app was installed succesfuly but message "connect Failed" appeared again.
    I have been using latest version 1.15.5.290

Last step: removed vault in PC and created a new one with different name and filled with entries. Without succes: only connect failed message :(

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hello @jixjox , I'm happy to see you're using the latest build of the Alpha because we've implemented a new feature that'll may aid us in fixing this problem.

On the settings page, under the Current activities heading, you should see a list of all the activity that has been occurring in the app. If you're still having the "connection failed" issue, just tap on the Current activities heading to export your app's activity file. Once you've saved it, send us an email at support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com with the file attached.

Be sure to mention my name, or @SergeyTheAgile so that we can troubleshoot!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

@jixjox, please include this link— https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/41449/ —in your email message, so we can connect it to this thread.

• jixjox
    jixjox
    Community Member

OK, what email adress to use?

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited June 2015

@jixjox use support+windowsmodern@agilebits.com please ;)

This discussion has been closed.