Unable to sync via Dropbox (Mac & Android)

This discussion was created from comments split from: Suggestions for Synch between iPhone and Android device.

Comments

• ActionFigure
    ActionFigure
    Community Member

Hi,

I've just ditched my iPhone 4S in favour of a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have a MacBook Pro at home. I had been running 1Password on the iPhone and Mac with no issues, but I cannot for the life of me get the new phone to synch with my Dropbox to be able to download my 1Password data. I synched 1Password to Dropbox and it shows up in the vaults on the Mac, but only my camer uploads heading shows up in my phone when I hit the "I already use 1Password" button and I go to Synch from Dropbox. Help?

• Hi @ActionFigure. I'll be happy to help you get your Android syncing with Dropbox.

First off, I'd like you to make sure your data is intact in Dropbox using 1PasswordAnywhere. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser. Locate the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and open the 1Password.html file you find inside. After logging in with your master password, do you see all of your data in Dropbox?

Also, do you have more than one Dropbox account? If so, please make sure you're logging into the one linked to your Mac when you're syncing your Android.

Let me know what you find out!

• ActionFigure
    ActionFigure
    Community Member

Thanks, Peri. Since I posted, I reloaded both apps on my phone and figured out the 1Password in the Dropbox vault wasn't enabled correctly. It all seems to be synching seamlessly now. Thanks for the tip, I will make sure everything is there! Cheers,
    L

• Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get everything sorted out. :)

Let us know if you have any other problems with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.