1PasswordAnywhere - Dropbox not correctly syncing

Options

I use 1Password in a number of computers and devices (iOS, Mac) but I also have a desktop with linux. In that case I'm using 1PasswordAnywhere to access the saved passwords.

The problem that I have is that when i open the browser to access my dropbox files (I sync via Dropbox and it works fine in every other device) the last modified date of the keychain file is Oct 2014. Every modification I've made after that point is visible in all devices (Macs, iOS) except for the 1PasswordAnywhere interface and it's strange because this is the file I use for syncing.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 14.04
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tzitziki,

So all of the Macs and iOS devices are correctly syncing and if you create a new item on one it shows up in the others, is that correct?

Certainly it would sound like the .agilekeychain is being properly updated if that is the case.

One thing to note is that despite appearing as a single file on Macs, the .agilekeychain is what we would call a bundle file. It's a folder that is treated differently basically which is why you can browser the contents either via Dropbox's website or on a Windows or Linux machine. So the file timestamp doesn't change in Dropbox because it's files inside a folder that are changing rather than the outer folder.

Still, it does leave the issue of why you seem to be missing items. I can only think of a couple of things off the top of my head, let's see if either apply at all to your situation.

1. Is it possible at all you have multiple .agilekeychains in your Dropbox folder and you're looking a discarded one?
    2. 1PasswordAnywhere is quite old now and hasn't been shown any love recently. It lumps certain categories together. For example Wallet in 1PasswordAnywhere is the combination of everything in the Credit Cards, Identities, Memberships, Drivers Licences and Bank Accounts categories in 1Password 5. It might be even more, those are just the ones I had to add together to get the numbers to fit. What I find though is if I add up the totals for all of the different categories in 1PasswordAnywhere the total does match the total against All Items in 1Password 5.

What will be very odd is if it's definitely the correct (or even only) .agilekeychain, your copies of 1Password are all syncing and yet they definitely aren't showing up in 1PasswordAnywhere. We will of course investigate this with you if it does indeed turn out to be the case.

This discussion has been closed.