Can't download 1Password Extension for Firefox

Options
heinelg
heinelg
Community Member

When I try to download the Firefox extension 1Password 5 I get an error message: "The add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com." FF version is 38.0.5.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @heinelg,

I'm sorry you've been unable to download the extension in Firefox! When you click the big green "Install" button, it should take you to a page that says "Your download will begin automatically within a few seconds." There should also be a link to download it from an alternate location in case there's a problem. Do you see that page when you try to download the extension? If so, please click on the alternate download link to see if that helps.

If you don't see that page, or if the alternate download link gives the same error message, you can try downloading the Firefox extension from a different browser and then install it in Firefox:

• Open the 1Password extension download site in Safari.
    • Click the link for Show all extensions.
    • Click the Install button for Firefox in order to download the extension.
    • Find the downloaded extension in your Downloads folder and drag it into a Firefox window.
    • Firefox should ask if you want to install the extension - click Install Now.

Does that help? Let us know how it goes, thanks!

• heinelg
    heinelg
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Drew,

That worked except dragging it to FF didn't work - I had to use "Open with ..." in the finder.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're very welcome, @heinelg! Thanks for letting us know how you were able to install it. I was hoping it would be easier to drag the extension to Firefox, but I'm glad you found another way when that didn't work.

If you need anything else, please let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.