slow unlock in Android 1Password Reader

snstanton
snstanton
Community Member

I use 1Password on MacOS and Android. The mac version works great, but I'm having trouble with the android reader. I keep my data sync'ed via DropBox, which works, but it takes a very long time to unlock the client on my phone. After I enter the password, it sits on the 'validating...' screen for 20-30 seconds before showing the contents. I have seen this work normally for other people, so I'm not sure what's going on with my phone. I have had the same problem on multiple devices and multiple versions of Android.

1Password Version: 1.8.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 5.0
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• snstanton
    snstanton
    Community Member

I'm using 5.3.2 on the Mac (MacOS 10.10)

• Hi @snstanton. Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'll be happy to help out here. :)

The 1Password Reader that you're using is an outdated version of the app that we've since made into a legacy version. As such, it's no longer being developed or updated.

We have a newer version out called 1Password 4, which is available in the Play Store. All of the same features that you have now on the Reader will remain free in 1Password 4, but there's also the optional in-app purchase of premium features which will give you added capabilities.
    https://support.1password.com/premium-features-faq/

Please open the Play Store on your device and install 1Password 4 from there. Let me know if that solves the problem!

• snstanton
    snstanton
    Community Member

Thanks for the pointer. The new version looks great and works much better!

• That's great news! I'm glad to hear that did the trick. :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.