Forum search discrepancy (searching for Thunderbird)

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2015 in Lounge

Google may be caching old threads. I cannot locate it when I did a search in the Agilebits Forums. Anyway, you look at the edited date, you'll notice that it predates the posted date by 40 years!

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/385/thunderbird

May 2010 edited January 1970

At other times I get this: May 2010 edited December 1969

I'll be interested in knowing what it will take for the 1Password Extension for Firefox to work within Thunderbird 31 (Mac and Windows). Will Agilebits make the Extensions compatible with both Apps?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@wkleem,

The date issue you see is due to the date value being interpreted from a 0 value. This might have been caused by either corrupt data in the post(s), or during some forum conversion, or just an incompatibility after forum software upgrades.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Thanks for the explanation. Still, it look odd seeing it :-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Indeed. A little disconcerting, but I have no doubt this is from the great forum migration of 2012(?) I forget exactly when we moved everything over, but frankly I've always been surprised that all the old stuff is still accessible.

I'm not sure that this is something that we can fix on our end, but I'll pass this along to make sure that the developers are aware of the issue. Thanks! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

Here's something I tried. If I searched for "Thunderbird", I didn't find the discussion but I could if I used "1Password Thunderbird" for the search.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

When I try searching for "Thunderbird" from our forum search tool, it finds that Thunderbird discussion, but it's currently showing up at the bottom of page 4 of the search results. If I search for "1Password Thunderbird", that thread is currently showing up as the 5th result on page 1. That does seem rather strange to me, and I don't have an explanation for it (we don't make the forum software), but you should be able to find that thread either way. I haven't tested searching for it on Google, though.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

Search in almost all forum software is very weak. Google is our friend here. Enter into Google the following search:

site:discussions.agilebits.com thunderbird

which results in essentially this (extraneous parameters removed):

https://www.google.com/search?q=site:discussions.agilebits.com+thunderbird

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Drew,

I never thought about looking at the last search page for Thunderbird. I'll give other search engines a try.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Options

@wkleem - see above.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@MrC - I think I need a google search tutorial. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hawkmoth: :lol: :+1:

While you can use the flags if you know them already, I find the Advanced Search page very helpful. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.