Performance Degradation for Chrome Extension 4.4.0.6 - 7?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

I have been experiencing performance degradation for Chrome Extension with 4.4.0.7 I noticed it starting with Beta 5? I would click the Keyhole icon up to several times before it works. It is especially true when I have a long list logins. It happens on Chrome for Mac but I use that less frequently.

1Password Version: 4.5.0.575
Extension Version: 4.4.0.7
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

We are trying to address a number of kinks in the extension with Chrome - it's a bit of a battle at the moment. We hope to have the majority of these resolved for when the next beta of Chrome goes stable. I believe for the moment though that if you run the stable version of our extension with the stable version of Chrome that this combination should still be pretty reliable.

• dmicah
    dmicah
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Would the problems you're working on include extraordinarily slow initial chrome load times on windows?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dmicah,

As in loading Chrome? no it shouldn't. I'd be interested to know more about your setup if you're finding Chrome is significantly slower when our extension is enabled and the performance degradation isn't there when disabled.

1. What version of Chrome are you running?
    2. Confirmation that you're running the 4.4.0.7 beta of the 1Password Chrome Extension.

I'd be curious if you're not seeing this in the stable version of the extension too as additional confirmation that it's specific to the beta.

This discussion has been closed.