Add To Apple Watch does not show on some items [Resolved: Only certain categories are available]

madflute
madflute
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Apple Watch

My Watch 1Password tells me I need to add item within Pro. I opened an item, but Add To Apple Watch isn't listed where other options are listed, like move to folder, e.t.c.. No rebooting iPhone6 Plus, nor remove/add within Watch app helps.

Is this because my iOS8.3 locale is set to JA instead of EN?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS8.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @madflute,

Your locale shouldn't have any affect. Currently, the only supported item categories for 1Password for Apple Watch are Logins, Credit Cards, Passwords, and Secure Notes. Other category types will not display an Add to Apple Watch button.

• madflute
    madflute
    Community Member

That explains it. Since I was trying to add Routers, which are the most I need on my Watch :-(

• Hi @madflute,

We have a lot of improvements for 1Password for Apple Watch on our minds right now. I'll add your vote to adding more category types!

ref: OPI-2661

• Bernie320
    Bernie320
    Community Member

It gets my vote to add more categories...yes please!!!!!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bernie320,

I've added your voice to the tally :smile:

• glev
    glev
    Community Member

One more vote for more categories for the Watch

• Vote added. Thanks!

• djeannot
    djeannot
    Community Member

One more vote for more categories for the Watch

• zuk
    zuk
    Community Member

One more vote for all categories for the Watch... Thanks

• You got it, @zuk.

• sylvan
    sylvan
    Community Member

Why can't I put my drivers licenses and social security cards on the watch? Please add all the other categories!

• Thanks for the feedback, @sylvan! I'll add your vote. :)

• mbigatti
    mbigatti
    Community Member

I'd like to suggest to add bancomat support to the Apple Watch application. I do not get why credit cards are supported while debit cards are not: maybe it is a cultural issue, but here a customer have both in their wallet and often, debit cards are used more than cc. The common usage in this case is to remind the user of the card PIN. thanks

• Hi @mbigatti, You can add a debit card to the credit cards category and it will display just fine. The category was named before debit cards became the de facto card form for many folks. As far as how the cards work in relation to filling forms (on desktop & mobile, not Watch) and the information present on the card, their usage in 1Password is the same.

We've been considering changing the category name to something more universal, like Bank Cards.

ref: OPI-2759

• mbigatti
    mbigatti
    Community Member

Hi chrisdj and thanks for answering. I tried that but the only field I need for debit card is the PIN but that field is not shown in the Watch app. For debit cards the number and expiration date are not useful. I solved the issue saving the PIN in the "Verifica" field (don't know the english translation for that, maybe it is "verification code"). Moreover, I spotted the "Bancomat" term under some field for bank accounts category and that confused me to where to put these informations. Thanks.

• Hi @mbigatti, Yes, currently the PIN field is not shown for the credit card category in 1Password for Apple Watch. That said, we are putting it in there from the requests we received from folks like yourself. Watch for it in an upcoming update.

This discussion has been closed.