License

ddmcreynolds
ddmcreynolds
Community Member

Does each IOS device require a license it they are all sharing the same database? (Vault)
I have one in the office, two at home, two iPhones and iPads, between my wife and I.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

You can use 1P on any iOS device without payment. If you want to enable the pro features by the in-app purchase you'll be able to restore those features on any other iOS device that uses the same Apple ID.

Does that help?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ddmcreynolds,

I hope Stephen's answer was helpful! If you have more questions about that, you can find additional information in this knowledgebase article.

If you need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help! :)

• ilpescatore
    ilpescatore
    Community Member

Help: why did Agilebits allocate two times my license costs? I have only 1 Mac and 1 iphone, so I should have only 1time costs for one license, correct? please answer. thank you

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@ilpescatore - Licenses for 1Password are sold separately by platform. Since iOS and OS X are separate platforms, you would need to buy a license for each. That's why you were charged for both.

You can use your licenses on all the devices of the same platform that you control yourself. In the case of applications sold by Apple from one of their app stores, you'd need to be using the same AppleID.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hey @ilpescatore - Hawkmoth is spot on in regard to our licensing policy. You can read more about the ins and outs of Agilebits' licensing of 1Password by visiting the licensing page in our knowledgebase.

This discussion has been closed.