Problems with latest Update?

Ginger Campbell
Ginger Campbell
Community Member
I can't turn on/off syncing anymore
Today I bought an iPhone 4 and decided to install my apps, etc. from scratch. Naturally, I planned to sync 1Password first to make it easier to re-enter my credentials in my other apps.

Unfortunately, when I go to Settings>Sync>DropBox the app seems to hang. I went to the same place on my iPad and the same thing happened, though fortunately there Sync is ON.

I tried uninstalling the app completely, and re-downloading it, but that did not fix the problem.

HELP!

Like most 1Password users I use this app constantly and it is useless if I can't sync to my home Mac!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Ginger. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

When you say you have uninstalled the app completely and re-downloaded it, you mean that you went to the App Store on your device and tapped the [misleading] "Buy" button to download the app for free again? I just deleted the app from my iPhone 4 and went through the same process. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your results. :-(

Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

If there are any further details you could provide, I would love to get this sorted out for you. Please let me know.
  • Ginger Campbell
    Ginger Campbell
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, Ginger. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

When you say you have uninstalled the app completely and re-downloaded it, you mean that you went to the App Store on your device and tapped the [misleading] "Buy" button to download the app for free again? I just deleted the app from my iPhone 4 and went through the same process. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your results. :-(

Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

If there are any further details you could provide, I would love to get this sorted out for you. Please let me know.

Yes, I did re-install via the method you described. Is there a better way?

Of course, I had already tried restarting the device the first time I encountered the problem. It did not seem to help. However, I just restarted my iPhone again and now it does seem to be working.

Advice for anyone else with the problem: If restarting doesn't work (which I would assum it usually does), re-install the app, and RE-START AGAIN.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.