Amazon Login -- Radio Button Issue

Hi -- I can't get my login for Amazon.com to work automatically, even if I create the login manually. I'm using Safari v8.0.6 on an iMac. Can you help? The "No, I'm a new customer" radio button always comes up selected.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Safari extension v4.3.1
OS Version: OS X 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aarontrent2,

We do have an open bug report regarding are less than stellar handing of radio buttons at the moment. We made a big change to the extension and so there are some rough corners to sand down.

For now there is a relatively easy workaround. Now normally creating a Login item from within your browser is the way to go - you've done everything we would recommend. It is also possible to create what I refer to as a basic Login item though. What I call a basic Login item is when you create it from within the main 1Password window. It records none of the details regarding a specific page and in this instance because it has no idea there is a radio button on the page at all it doesn't touch its default setting of being an existing customer.

I know, it isn't ideal and I can't wait for us to properly handle radio buttons too. As a workaround though it isn't too bad. Let us know how you get along but I'm confident you'll report that it works :smile:

ref: OPX-953

• wstbrln
    wstbrln
    Community Member

My Amazon login suddenly disappeared at 1P Mini and in my Chrome as well as my Safari extension. It was displayed by the Mac app though, but I couldn't find a way to be shown within the smaller programs again. Finally I put that login into the trash and made a new one – now having problems with that radio button. But your workaround worked great for me. Furthermore it's probably good to know that this way of creating a login may involve less bugs due to less information saved.

Thanks from Berlin.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wstbrln,

Normally having the extension save the Login item has benefits but you're right, sometimes it's handy to see if a basic Login item behaves any differently. It isn't guaranteed to work and it definitely won't help on pages with more than two pieces of information to fill. Still, there are times like now where it helps and gets you back on track :smile: I'm glad to hear you have a working Amazon Login item again.

This discussion has been closed.