iPhone/iPad home screen secure website shortcuts

jmyjazz
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi, not sure if this has ever been discussed but is there a way 1Password could create a home screen shortcut that would open the 1Password browser at a chosen site. You could then enter your pin/password and it would log you in. Great for frequently accessed sites...

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, jmyjazz. This is a really cool idea. Our developers would need to tell us for sure, but I'm not sure this is possible for us to do right now. Thanks for the feedback!
  • jmyjazz
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the welcome Gita.

Obviously I have no technical know-how to back this up! But... I have apps that can create a home screen shortcut (bugme!) though it appears they do this though a server. If a link in an email can open an app (as I'm sure it has for me in the past) then an url should act the same way?

Surely just a matter of combining the two, easy as that! (Obviously not in any way as easy as that but it would be so cool)

Cheers.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    In theory, yes. Like, in 1Password for Mac, you can drag a login item out to your Desktop, and opening this 1Click bookmark acts like Go & Fill. Your information is stored differently on Apple's touch devices. On the Mac, 1Password Agent knows whether to prompt you for your password or if 1Password is already unlocked. On the touch devices, we would need to build something in that would prompt you for your password every time.

The more I think about this, the less sure I am that it's not possible. It would definitely be very cool, and I'll certainly mention it to our developers, but I can't say if or when we might be able to implement something like this.

Thanks again for the suggestion!
This discussion has been closed.