Upgrade purchase path?

Additional licenses or upgrades for iToys
Sorry if this topic is posted elsewhere in the forum... I purchased 1Password for iPhone a long time ago. I deleted it because it seemed too complicated and I wasn't going to use it and it was taking up valuable space on my phone. Recently I bought 1Password for my iPad and after using it for a while (and changing all my passwords) I decided to make it my standard password keeper. I'd like to keep 1Password synced over my iPhone4, iPad, iMac and MacBook Air. How many additional licenses do I need to purchase, and is there a way to just pay once and use 1Password over all my present and future devices? No secret there is going to be a new iPhone to be released, as well as iPad2. If I'm going to be required to buy something from you for every piece of hardware I need to stop now and move on to something else. Not a criticism, just need some information for decision making. Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Welcome to the forums, EZTider!

As with every app in the iTunes App Store, if you are still using the same iTunes account that you used to purchase the app originally, you will be able to re-download the current version for free. Unfortunately, it won't look like it's free until you choose to "buy" it and enter your password. You don't have to take our word for it though. Here is Apple's official support document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Apple will never charge you twice for the same app. Ever.

That being said, we do have three different apps, so please be aware of which particular app(s) you purchased. One thing you can do to make sure that you won't have to pay for the app again is to try adding it to your Wish List in iTunes. If you already own the app, iTunes will tell you, "You have already purchased this item" and that you cannot add it to your Wish List.

If you had not already purchased both of our device-specific apps, 1Password for iPhone and 1Password for iPad, I would recommend purchasing 1Password Pro, our universal app, to save a bit of money. However, 1Password Pro contains no additional functionality beyond what you already have between the two device-specific apps. There is no need to "upgrade" anything. You already have the whole package. :-)

1Password for iPhone + 1Password for iPad = 1Password Pro

Our Mac and Windows products are licensed separately, so you will need to purchase a 1Password for Mac license if you wish to use 1Password on your Macs. The good news is that you only need a 1Password for Mac Single User license to install 1Password on as many Macs as you can possibly afford as long as you are the only user. Likewise for our iOS and Windows applications. We do offer a Mac+Windows bundle license, and Family Licenses (for up to 5 users in the same household) for all of our desktop applications.

http://agilewebsolutions.com/store

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
  • That answers my questions, thanks. I thought I had purchased 1Password on my iPhone previously but apparently I hadn't (I may have purchased Pro) because it charged me $7.99 for the iPhone version. I guess I'll go ahead and buy the Mac version as well ouch! I'm going on faith you guys will make this worth my while. Thanks for your prompt reply.
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Hi EZTider,

On behalf of Khad, you’re welcome.

I sent you a PM here about the 1Password for Mac license, we might be able to help you with it.
  • akimbo
    akimbo
    Community Member
    Hi,

I'm using 1P on my iPhone. I'm running 3.5.9.

I know I can use that version on the iPad (in 'iPhone mode'). But if I want to run the real iPad version, is there an upgrade or crossgrade price for that? I do I just need to buy the iPad version and maintain two separate licenses?

Thanks!
    Doug
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello Doug,

I merged your topic with the appropriate thread.

I presume you purchased 1P for iPhone in the App Store vs. 1P Pro. If this is the case, you will need to purchase 1P for iPad separately.

As there has been some confusion among users in the past, please note the following from Khad's earlier post in this thread:

...we do have three different apps, so please be aware of which particular app(s) you purchased...

If you had not already purchased both of our device-specific apps, 1Password for iPhone and 1Password for iPad, I would recommend purchasing 1Password Pro, our universal app, to save a bit of money. However, 1Password Pro contains no additional functionality beyond what you already have between the two device-specific apps. There is no need to "upgrade" anything. You already have the whole package.

1Password for iPhone + 1Password for iPad = 1Password Pro

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow bundle, upgrade or cross grade pricing in the App Store, so our hand's are tied with regards to App Store pricing.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.