Repeated master password request by 1Password via iOS extension

Options
arnabdas
arnabdas
Community Member
edited June 2015 in iOS

This is more of a feature request rather than a bug report.

Currently, if I haven't signed into 1Password app using the master password, I am asked the master password every time I use the iOS Safari browser extension. My idea is, once I've entered the master password (even if it is in the extension), I shouldn't be asked to enter it again, neither in the app nor in the extension, especially when I've setup a PIN code. This applies both to the iPad and iPhone.

I realise iOS has its limitations but it would be great if you could figure out a way around this.

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @arnabdas,

Thanks for mentioning it! Like you guessed, this is currently the expected behaviour. Unlocking the extension does not affect the unlock state of the main app, or future instances of the extension. However, we would like to improve in the future.

We actually tried improving this in a previous beta version, but due to issues found during beta testing, this feature didn't make it into the release version. We'd like to try working on this again in the future, but I don't have a timeframe, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.