Sort by Date Modified in iOS

Options
optimum
optimum
Community Member

Is there a way to sort entries by "Date Modified" in iOS?

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @hanguolaohu,

Thanks for contacting us with your question about sorting items. 1Password for iOS does not currently have any alternate sorting options for the item list, but we do have an open issue in our tracker for our developers to look consider, and I have added your vote there. I can't make any promises about when or if it will be added, but our devs will look into it. Thank you for letting us know this is a feature you'd like! :)

ref: OPI-481

• optimum
    optimum
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Vee!

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Vee, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

When you're considering alternate sorting methods, sorting by a custom date field would also be useful.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ZamboniMan,

Can you describe a bit more about how you'd like to sort by a custom date field? Would those be items that have a custom Date or Month/Year type, and any without it would be sorted to the top or bottom of the list?

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @sjk,

Here's a sample use case.

• Create a secure note with a custom Date field called expiration_date.
    • Add a tag called coupons.
    • Click on coupons under Tags.
    • Add an option to select which fields appear in the list view for Folders and Tags so we can sort by this custom Date field.

This would give you an easy way to track online discount coupons that are about to expire.

• ZamboniMan
    ZamboniMan
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention a workaround in the meantime that is a little less elegant.

You can change the title so that it begins with a date. For example,

2015-12-31 Store Name

That way anything with an expiration date will bubble to the top in the order that they expire. However, this means you might also want to tag anything with an expiration date so you can group them all together.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Nice use case example and clever workaround, @ZamboniMan. :)

I'll let our developers know you're interested in custom date field sorting.

Another possibility would be to set reminders for items, like your coupon and other expirations (credit card, passport, etc.) or when to change passwords.

Cheers!

ref: OPI-2640

This discussion has been closed.