Primary vault lost its Dropbox connection (b11)

Fedorov
Fedorov
Community Member

My Primary vault has 199 items - on my iPad all is okay but on my iPhone I noticed it said 198 items so when I looked in sync settings there's no Dropbox connection or sync messages.

If I select "Start Syncing" and then choose Dropbox and choose my main vault file I then get a pop up message telling me "Vault exists: this vault already exists on your iPhone"

So for some reason this latest beta has lost the Dropbox connection of my primary vault and I have no easy way to make the connection again. I presume I'll have to tell the app to erase ALL data and add again?

My secondary vault still has the connection and shows me it is syncing to the same Dropbox account okay.

Thanks

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Hi @Fedorov,

Sorry to hear that Dropbox syncing has mysteriously stopped working on your iPhone and not letting you reenable it. Please give this a try:

• Double-tap the Home button on your iPhone and swipe up on 1Password to close it
    • Restart your iPhone:

• Hold down the power button for a few seconds
      • Swipe "slide to power off" when it appears
      • Wait long enough for it to shut down, then press the power button to turn it on again
    • After it restarts, open 1Password and try to set up Dropbox sync again. Make sure you're selecting the correct filename to sync with.

Could you successfully configure syncing with your Primary vault now or did you get the same the same "Vault exists: …" (or some other) error? If it works, check that all your data is there after syncing finishes and do other testing until you're satisfied it's functioning normally again.

Let us know how it goes and we'll take it from there. Hopefully erasing and restoring your data won't be necessary.

Thanks!

ref: OPI-2720

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk - sorry I didn't get chance to see your message about trying a restart before I wiped my data. I don't mind doing this as there are backups on my PC which your Windows client regularly takes too.

All is back to normal after erasing and adding both my vaults again. Sorry I didn't get chance to try your suggestion but will remember to try a full device restart if it happens again.

Regards

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Fedorov,

Maybe I ought to be the one apologizing for not reaching you sooner? :)

Surely want to thank you for not minding to wipe local 1Password data on your iPhone so you could quickly get it properly syncing again. Great to hear that went smoothly! :+1:

There've been scattered reports of "Vault exists: …" appearing when attempting to configure Dropbox sync, without any single reason or solution. I'll post additional information I get that might be of benefit in case it happens to you again (or anyone else). App quit + device restart is nearly always worth a try, for many issues with many apps.

Cheers!

• Fedorov
    Fedorov
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk I'll certainly try a restart should it happen again.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

I'd rather be troubleshooting and understanding the cause of problems that might then be more permanently fixed, so device/system restarts don't always come easy to me even when knowing it's the most viable "solution" for the moment. At least restarting iOS is trivial, but relatively infrequent for me. If only OS X restarts were just as uncommon they'd seem a lot less inconvenient. Thank goodness for Resume working as well as it has. :)

This discussion has been closed.