1P forum problems running in Safari

Chris1234
Chris1234
Community Member
edited October 2011 in Lounge
see attached pngs with inconsistent results
Hi khad,

You said you wanted to see any problems trying to access the 1P forum in Safari.

So this time I used Safari to access the forum. Then I needed to do a search. See the two pngs which give the results. First I search on "keychain files -dropbox". Notice the minus that the search function dropped. Properly written search functions always allow you to exclude unwanted results - which is what I needed.

The first page said there are 26 results on 2 pages. But when I clicked to go to the next, it then reported there were actually 120 results on 5 pages! This demonstrates a bug somewhere! Note that the Forum software has confused the order of the two pages, so the first page is the second png, and the second page is the first.

I run latest Firefox 3.6.13 and latest Safari 5.0.3 in 64 bit mode on my 2 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8 gigs memory running latest MacOSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6. and probably the latest 1Password v 3.5.7 updated a few days ago...

Hope this helps convince you that 1P Forum does indeed have problems running in Safari...

Cris

Comments

• Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    edited February 2011
    Hi,

Here's another problem, I'm still accessing the forum with Safari. I clicked on the link "here" visible in the post on the left, and it came back reporting a bad link.

If this is because the pages have been merged, shouldn't this link have been redirected to the merged page?

warm regards,

Cris
  • Hi Chris,

This isn’t specific to Safari or 1Password, it is a bug with the specific forum package we’re using here. We’ll look into it and see if it has been fixed by IPS (creator of IP.Board) in the next update.

As for the link, I have edited the link to remove the dead link. You’re right, a perfect forum should redirect to the merged forums but it doesn’t happen like that here.

Thanks for letting us know about this!

I also moved this to the General Forums since it is not related to 1Password.
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234
    Community Member
    edited February 2011
    MikeT wrote:
    This isn’t specific to Safari or 1Password, it is a bug with the specific forum package we’re using here. We’ll look into it and see if it has been fixed by IPS (creator of IP.Board) in the next update.

Thanks, Mike, appreciate the response. But I reported two bugs, so which one do you mean? They were:

#1 - the minus in the search term being ignored.

#2 - the inconsistent reported search results when I click on the next page.

Are both recognized as bugs, and have been reported to IPS?

Actually the ignored minus is the bigger problem, since it vastly exaggerates the number of results making it difficult to refine the results down to less than a page. So if the first bug were fixed then the second bug wouldn't be a problem...

Cris
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Cris,

#1 - the minus in the search term being ignored.

I can't seem to reproduce this myself. When I search for "security -keychain" is correctly removes the link(s) which contain the word "keychain" from the search results for "security."

#2 - the inconsistent reported search results when I click on the next page.

That does seem odd. I think the search function in IP.Board is not the greatest. Perhaps we have all been spoiled by Google. :lol:

That said, these issues would likely be better addressed by the IP.Board community since they are the ones who make the forum software that we use.

I hope that helps. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.
This discussion has been closed.