1Password Pro 3.5.6 fails to launch on iOS 3.1.3(7E18)

kelpfish
kelpfish
Community Member
Hi,

I upgraded from iOS 1Password 3.5.5 on my old iPod Touch (1st generation; iOS 3.1.3(7E18)).

Result:
Every time I launch 1Password 3.5.6 on my iPod Touch, the blue hand screen is displayed, "enter code" dialog is _not_ displayed, then 1Password appears to bail back to application selection screen.

I tried deleting 1Password 3.5.6 from my iPod Touch and restoring it via iTunes, (thinking data on iPod Touch could be corrupted) No luck, same thing happens.

I currently cannot restore (revert back to 3.5.5) via Time Machine because I encrypted my home folder (and it looks like I'll have to unencrypted it to get Time Machine working again).

Take Care,
Chris

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Chris,

I am terribly sorry that you are having this problem. We have identified an issue in the latest update which appears to be affecting some users of older versions of iOS (pre-4.0). We hope to have this resolved in the next update.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
  • khad wrote:

Chris,

I am terribly sorry that you are having this problem. We have identified an issue in the latest update which appears to be affecting some users of older versions of iOS (pre-4.0). We hope to have this resolved in the next update.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you at this time, but please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

I have the same problem on my first gen iPod touch running OS3, I hope the update is coming soon because I am now unable to access any of my login details! This is a disaster!
  • I've got the same problem on my iPhone 3.1.3 OS. I don't have any backup solution for the app. Can I expect that my password data is on the place and I will get it back after you will release the fixed version?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, stevewest and koblenz. I'm sorry your first posts couldn't be under better circumstances.

While we do always recommend backing up your data before upgrading 1Password and/or using Dropbox to constantly have an offsite backup in place, your data should not be harmed at all. Your data is stored separately from the app. Once an update is released, everything should resume normal function.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    My post-update launch failure this morning matches what Chris (kelpfish) and others have already reported.
  • I know you'll fix it but I just wanted to put in my 2 cents!!!Same problem! I need my 1Password!
  • mattone
    mattone
    Community Member
    I'm in the same boat. I am locked out of my iPhone (3.1.3) version of 1Password after upgrading thru the app store. Please fix soon.

Thank you,
    Matt Sullivan
  • stepheng
    stepheng
    Community Member
    Same problem here. Using a first generation iPod Touch. I can access my data from my Mac computers, but unfortunately I rely on my iPod touch at work where my Windows computer is tightly shutdown so prevents me accessing my Dropbox.
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Hi guys,

We have submitted the update with a fix for iOS 3.1.x users to the App Store. It is now up to Apple to review it before making it available for you guys to download it. There are no estimates as to when that’ll happen. We hope it’ll be soon.

I do apologize for what you guys are going through. We’ll do our best not to let this happen again.
  • I also was effected by this on a 1st Gen. iPod Touch, As noted on the iTunes/AppStore comments allot of other users have been effected by this problem.

Now with that being said; I have and still trust all my data to 1Password Pro on my Mac's and Mobile devices, From time to time "Not Often" things will occur and cause problems, i was more fortunate then a few since I had a backup available of the previous IOS 1Password Pro so i could revert back to the Previous Build, But to all of those who may be upset or put back by this, the 1Password team and those at Agile have never let us down before and I still trust my data to these great Applications.

I had read all the post by those that have been effected by this and as for it may not count as much to anyone I appreciate the fast response to this problem , but also i am grateful a fix has been submitted to Apples Review Team with hopes to those that have no backup to restore a previous version "the Fix Is In" now waiting for Apple to Approve and Post of the newly updated 1Password Pro.

From a Long Time Customer of Agile and Special thanks for a fast Fix.

ken
  • Ken,

Thank you for your vote of confidence in us, we really appreciate hearing that from our customers like you. Truly, we are affected by this just as everybody else and we’re not happy that this went through the first time. We’ll try to do better next time.
  • kelpfish
    kelpfish
    Community Member
    1Password Pro 3.5.7 installed.
    On my iPod, simply reconfigure numeric unlock code, master password, and setup WiFi sync by entering the two displayed secret words in to 1Password on my Mac Pro.

Then presto, everything syncs from my MacPro to iPod and 1Password Pro is fully functional on my 1st gen iPod Touch running iOS 3.1.3.

Take Care,
    Chris
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    kelpfish wrote:

1Password Pro 3.5.7 installed.
    … is fully functional on my 1st gen iPod Touch running iOS 3.1.3.

Same here.
  • Tacitus99
    Tacitus99
    Community Member
    sjk wrote:

Same here.

And here. 3.5.7 installed and running on my iPhone 3G with no problems.
This discussion has been closed.