Stuck at "Downloading encryption keys"

Options
twood
twood
Community Member

Hello,

My wife and I use 1Password on our iPhones. We sync with a Dropbox account to keep our records synced up. We have been using it successfully for a couple of years now. However, a couple of days ago I entered a new record into my 1Password then tried to sync with Dropbox. I tapped Sync and it hung with the message "Please wait. Downloading encryption keys...".

My wife's phone has the same version of 1Password (5.4.2) and the same version of IOS (8.1.2). Her iPhone syncs fine. No issues. Both phones are on the same WiFi network too.

If have read through this forum searching for a solution and have tried everything I could find. I have read this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/128765/#Comment_128765 which supposedly has a solution, but it didn't help.

Here is what I have tried numerous times and in various combinations:

• Uninstalling 1Password from my iPhone, rebooting, then reinstalling
  • Turning off WiFi and using a cellular connection
  • Deleting the 1Password data from Dropbox, then adding it back from my wife's iPhone
  • Deleting then recreating my Dropbox account, then adding the 1Password data back from my wife's iPhone
  • Deleting the Dropbox app from my iPhone
  • Resetting my iPhone's network settings

None of this has worked.

After deleting 1Password and reinstalling, I open 1Password, tell it to "Sync existing vault", select Dropbox, enter my Dropbox login credentials, select the vault and I get a white screen that says Dropbox at the top and it just sits there. If I cancel, and create a new vault with the same exact password as the old vault, then try to sync, I am back to "Please wait. Downloading encryption keys...".

I have logged into my Dropbox account via a web browser and I can successfully open 1Password anywhere and view my data. So the data on Dropbox appears to be good.

I have looked at the 1Password log file on my iPhone to see if I could figure out the problem. Here is what I found:

Sat Jun 20 22:40:56 2015| 504207 [DROPBOX:0x170666bc0:] E downloadFile:intoPath:completion: | Failed to download </Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/.1password.keys>: Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=1000 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (dropbox.com error 1000.)" UserInfo=0x170666100 {path=/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/.1password.keys, destinationPath=/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BABA8883-61C7-4731-8CDD-25E6C871FEC8/tmp/.1password.keys.2126368569, OPDropboxErrorRetryAfterKey=0}

Sat Jun 20 22:40:56 2015| 504207 [DROPBOX:0x174473a00:] E downloadFile:intoPath:completion: | Failed to download </Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js>: Error Domain=dropbox.com Code=1000 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (dropbox.com error 1000.)" UserInfo=0x1744745c0 {path=/Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js, destinationPath=/private/var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/BABA8883-61C7-4731-8CDD-25E6C871FEC8/tmp/encryptionKeys.js.1260133681, OPDropboxErrorRetryAfterKey=0}

I tried Googling "dropbox.com error 1000", but could not find anything helpful.

I can send in the complete log file if need.

Thanks

1Password Version: 5.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 8.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @twood,

Sorry to hear about the difficulty. Yes, I think it would be best if we could review the entire log at this point. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here with your ticket ID which our friend BitBot will email you once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

ref: HMW-14981-357

• twood
    twood
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben. Here is my ticket ID: #HMW-14981-357

• twood
    twood
    Community Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I was able to fix my problem. I am not sure exactly what the root cause was though. My phone is jailbroken and I had some apps that interacted with 1Password. I decided to uninstall them and dropbox syncing started working again. I wanted to determine which app was the cause of the problem, so I tried re-installing each one and testing syncing, but after reinstalling all of them, my syncing continued to work. So I still don't know. The apps in question are BioProtect, 1Pal, and xCon. Just as an FYI, I don't believe xCon interacts with 1Password in any way, but it was the last jailbreak app I had installed prior to my syncing issue. After uninstalling it and re-springing, my syncing started to work. As I said before, I res-installed xCon, and syncing continued to work.

• Ben
    Options

Interesting. Thanks for the update. FWIW, we don't typically recommend using 1Password on jailbroken devices.

In any event, glad to hear you were able to get it working. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.