1Password will not work with Firefox unless code signature check is turned off [Caused by 3rd party]

Dedlock
Dedlock
Community Member
edited June 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I cannot use Firefox with 1Password unless I turn off the web browser verification signature. The Knowledge Base seems to indicate that it is Chrome that usually cause this problem, but Chrome works just fine for me. Unfortunately, however, I don't like Chrome and would prefer to use Firefox. Does anybody have any other ideas?

1Password Version: 4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dedlock: Sorry for the confusion! This isn't something that Chrome or Firefox will do, but rather security software on your computer blocking 1Password.

It is simply more common that an antivirus program will interfere with Chrome, since it's by far the most popular browser these days. Be sure to check out this guide, as it will take you through the most common issues (including setting an exception for 1Password in your security software) affecting the extension communication (which is what's preventing 1Password from verifying the signature).

But ultimately we'll be able to help you best if you tell us what software you're using, and see if disabling it helps first. :)

This discussion has been closed.