Form Fill Select Fields

Options
t1g3r
t1g3r
Community Member

New to 1Password and loving it so far. Is there a way to have 1Password only fill in selected fields of a form? Say I am on a site with a form asking for info such as name and address, but the name fields are already filled in, and I just want 1Password to fill in the address info.

I came from LastPass and you would just highlight the field you wanted LastPass to fill in and it would only fill the selected options.

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @t1g3r,

Thanks for your question! I'm afraid it isn't currently possible to do that in 1Password - if you're filling a form on a website by using an Identity item in 1Password, it will try to fill all the fields that it can match to the information you've entered in that Identity item.

In your example, are you saying the name that is already filled in on the website is different than the one in the Identity item? If so, a simple solution would be to create another Identity item with the name & address you want to fill. (On the other hand, if the name is the same in both places, then it shouldn't matter if 1Password replaces it.)

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else! :)

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response! That was just an example, but sometimes I have forms that ask for both home and work address info, but I guess in that case I can add work address info in the same 'Home' identity.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @t1g3r,

You certainly can. And you can add custom fields, as well. Here's how: Add custom fields

Or you could create a separate "work" identity, if you'd prefer. Hopefully you'll figure out the best way to make identities work for you, but do let us know if you have further questions. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.