Win & Mac bundle - iCloud working or not?

Options
tomicicivan
tomicicivan
Community Member

Hey, I'm noticing that under App Store button there is text saying "required for iCloud sync", does that mean that iCloud sync wont work if I purchase bundle and not app from app store?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• peri
    Options

Hey @tomicicivan. Thanks for contacting us today and for your interest in 1Password. :)

Indeed, iCloud sync is only available on 1Password 5 for Mac when purchase through the Mac App Store. Further, there is no iCloud sync support on our Windows app at all (as 1Password 4 for Windows isn't available through the App Store).

You're welcome to purchase the bundle through our webstore and then use another sync solution if you like (Dropbox works great between Mac and Windows). However, if you prefer iCloud for your Mac, you can purchase the Mac app from the App Store. Then, if you email us the receipt to support+licenses@agilebits.com, we'll be happy to help you get the bundle price on the Windows license.

Keep in mind that if you do purchase through the Mac App Store, you'll only be able to sync using iCloud on your Mac (and iOS if you have it there), but you'll need to use another sync solution on your PC.

I hope that clarifies things a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.