Mac & Windows Bundles for Multiple Users?

Options
ksondermann
ksondermann
Community Member
edited June 2015 in Mac

I have been using the iPhone version of 1Password for quite awhile--I love it, and am now so hooked that I want it on my Macbook. Both of my parents are also interested in getting 1Password licenses, so we are hoping there might be a package deal we can get. However, two of us use Macs and one uses Windows. Is there a bundle that would work for us? What packages and licenses would we need to purchase?

I believe you used to offer a "Mac & Windows Family pack" for $99.99--is that still available? (Screenshot taken a while ago and sent to my family--just rediscovered it).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ksondermann,

Thanks for asking about bundle pricing for Mac & Windows. I have good news for you: the Mac + Windows Bundle is now only $69.99 in our AgileBits Store! We don't sell a Family License any more because we have redesigned our licensing policy to line up with Apple's Family Sharing. So, a Single License can now be shared by up to 6 family members in a household.

So I guess it's a good thing you waited! :)

• ksondermann
    ksondermann
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, @Vee!

Does a single license mean that we would all share one log-in and have all our passwords, etc. stored together?

And can that single license be used on multiple computers?

Thanks again!

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ksondermann,

Good questions! The license is not tied to the data in any way; it's essentially just a proof of purchase, or a key that unlocks the full-featured app.

You can each have your own vaults that do not have to be synced in any way unless you choose to.

The license is per person and per platform, rather than per device, so even if you each have ten Mac computers, for instance, you can use the same 1Password for Mac license on all of them, as long as there are no more than 6 of you using the license.

Hopefully this clarifies things for you, but if you've got any more questions, I've got more answers. :)

This discussion has been closed.