Fill in fields of an application

Options
sdfsd
sdfsd
Community Member

Is there anyway to fill in the fields of an application I run often on my Mac (running Yosemite)? When I bring up 1password using apple+\ or any shortcut, it doesn't recognize the application in the foreground the way it recognizes websites in a browser.

I am getting tired of filling out my details in this one application I use all the time.. is there any way I can add the title of that application window to the URL field of 1password?

1Password Version: 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm afraid the only way currently is copy and paste. OS X does not have the same architecture that enables 1P to work with apps (as opposed to through a browser) that iOS has.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sdfsd,

Sadly Stephen_C is correct, we don't currently have a way of filling into arbitrary applications. We do have an open feature request though and I shall now add your post to as a vote to see this happen. It's a fairly popular request so fingers crossed we can come up with something that works for you and everybody else looking for such a feature. Unfortunately I can't make any promises as to when or even if it will happen as I simply can't say. It would seem likely that such a feature would make it and I would love it to but it isn't my call to make. As I say, fingers crossed!

ref: OPM-990

This discussion has been closed.