I have 3 devices - what combination of software must I purchase?

Options
whalehead99
whalehead99
Community Member

I have an iMac (10.9.5), MacBookPro (10.9.5) and an iPhone6+ (8.3). These are all my devices and I want to share passwords on all three. I noticed the desktop software is marked "yes" for family share - does this mean I can install on both my iMac & MacBookPro with the same license? It appears I can use the free version or update to pro for $4.99 on iPhone? Am I right in assuming I can sync all three using iCloud (all three are on the same iCloud account). I could use dropbox, but why if I don't have to. Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @whalehead99,

While 1Password for Mac (Mac App Store) is marked for Family Sharing that won't apply to you if you're only using a single Apple ID. In your case what applies to every MAS purchase applies equally to 1Password for Mac - a single purchase will allow you to run 1Password for Mac on as many Macs as you own. Family Sharing is about letting a person share their purchases with up to five other family members, all with their own Apple IDs by linking all the IDs together as a family.

So a single purchase of 1Password for Mac will be all you need. The decision of whether you want to upgrade to the Pro features in 1Password for iOS will be entirely up to you. You can use it for free, there is no expiry in the freemium model but you may eventually find certain features found in the Pro in-app purchase appeal to you. That is a decision you can make at that moment though.

You are also correct that as long as you purchase the Mac App Store version of 1Password for Mac you will be able to use iCloud to sync between all three.

Now you can even try 1Password for Mac with our 30 day trial but that only applies to the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac that you can find on our AgileBits Download page. The problem is the AgileBits Store cannot access iCloud Sync due to restrictions in place by Apple. iCloud Sync uses the CloudKit framework and applications and apps obtained via Apple's stores can currently access them.

If you have any further questions at all please do ask :smile:

• whalehead99
    whalehead99
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind... bought something else.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'll close the thread then as it sounds like it won't be required any more :smile:

This discussion has been closed.