2 agile keychanis in dropbox folder, syncing with different macs

Options
myboy
myboy
Community Member

2 macs running 1P 5.3.2, each syncing with a different keychain in Dropbox. One keychain is resides in the root dropbox folder, the other is inside the 1P nested folder. How to resolve the conflict?

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: os x 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGMarshall
    AGMarshall
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@myboy I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your Macs.

—Mac—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back with you shortly! :)

ref: ZIQ-88654-186

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've replied via email, but I also wanted to follow up here in case it helps someone else in the future.

If you end up with different vaults in Dropbox that are used by different devices, it is possible to merge them:

1. Backup your 1Password data on each device
    2. Disable sync on each device
    3. Set up sync again on one device, choosing the vault you want to use going forward
    4. Tell 1Password to "Merge Data"
    5. Let everything sync, and then repeat for additional devices

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.