How do I change a secondary vault password?

Options
pmortimer
pmortimer
Community Member

I have 5 vaults, the master vault (primary) password is safe/secure/good. I do however need to change the password of one of the secondary vaults. I've searched the UG and forum and can not find a method to do this. Within the tool bar options, I can only see how to change the master password.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
Paul

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: dropBox

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pmortimer,

Thanks for posting your question here, and for providing your version information. In 1Password for Mac version 5.3.2, there is not a way to change the password of a secondary vault. However, we realized the necessity for this feature (thanks in part to forum feedback like yours!) and it is fixed in the current beta. It will be functional in the next major release, though we do not yet have a timeline for when that will be.

A workaround would be to create a new vault with the Master Password you want, move all the items from the old vault to the new vault, then delete the empty old vault.

A quick way to move all items from one vault to another: within the old vault in the main app, select the All Items view, click on one of the items, ⌘+A to select all, ctrl+click > Share... > new destination vault > Move.

Hopefully that's an acceptable workaround for you. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! :)
    ref: OPM-3031

• pmortimer
    pmortimer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the confirmation, I was convinced I was missing something. Great to hear you will be changing this in a future release too.

Thanks for the work around.

Cheers
    Paul

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hi @pmortimer,

You're very welcome, and nope, you didn't miss anything. ;) Quite the opposite, you caught a bug! (Eew, a bug.)

I'll go ahead and close this thread, but please do post again if you have any other questions, or any more creepy-crawlies to report!

This discussion has been closed.